kinky twist (extensions)up keep

katblack

I just put kinky twists on and I really have no idea how I'm going to keep them on for two months. I want to give myself a personal challenge, which is wear kinky twist for two months at a time until the end of April and if both body is right... I can wear out my hair out...:grin:
The problem is I don't know how to take care of them. I was looking at a youtuber and she said she just oiled her scalp while wearing kinky twist and I was thinking I'd go that route. What do you ladies think I should do?

Also I'd like to know how often should I wash and if it is wise to deep condition weekly with coconut oil?

lilsparkle825

i washed and DC'd once every 2 weeks; when i washed every week they got fuzzy kinda quickly. this is the regimen i have my sister on since i can only get home to redo hers about every 8 weeks. i also have her spray them every other night with braid spray or av juice + water.

Chameleonchick

Well hmm I've had kinky twists twice this year, the first time I washed maybe once a week.And made sure my scalp was oiled twice a week. The second time I went crazy with washing, it was too hot and I needed to keep cool. I used rosewater/aloe/glycerin mixes to moisturize my hair instead of the oil. Oh and about the fuzzyness I liked mine to look more fuzzy because "I think" it looked very natural.

Attachments

• DSC00224.jpg
    DSC00224.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 12

danigurl18

I have them right now and I don't wash for 2 weeks and then I was every week and do a DC every week. I use Sta Sof Fro and I oil the scalp every night. I also use shea butter on my twists. HTH