Kinky Curly Curl Mustard Question

deborah11

Kinky Curly Curl Custard Question (kCCC)

Can you use this product as a daily hair moisturizer if you are not natural. I am transitioning and I wonder whether any non-naturals have used this product with success. I am only 4.5 months into my transition. thanks.

Last edited:

tatiana

If you are bone-straight, KCCC will not do much if you are texlax yes.
KCCC is more like a "gel" than a moisturizer.

NIN4eva

When I was natural, the longer I used it the more my hair seemed to retain moisture better and form curls easier. I do think it helps improve the moisture level over time. Not sure how it does that through. I haven't used it since I've been relaxed though. It never occurred to me. Now that you mention it, maybe I'll try it with a dry roller set. hmm....

But as Tatiana said, it's primarily a gel not a moisturizer. And a very, very small amount goes a loong way. Too much causes gross gunky flaking.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Mustard?.....I'm assuming a typo:lachen:

I came in her like they have a new product maybe? lol

KCCC isn't anything close to being a moisturizer. It's a styling gel that has a strong hold. It will have your hair hard like a gel.

If you're looking for a moisturizing type gel look for a curl activator gel like Long Aid, Blue Magic, there's another popular one that I can't think of.....oh and World of Curls is one.

deborah11

Yall know I meant custard (not mustard)so stop laughing! At least it got some of you to respond. Thanks. Oh, I am not bone strait, texlaxed with some bone strait ends(due to bad relaxer) and that's why I am transitioning againnnnnnnnn!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Yall know I meant custard (not mustard)so stop laughing! At least it got some of you to respond. Thanks. Oh, I am not bone strait, texlaxed with some bone strait ends(due to bad relaxer) and that's why I am transitioning againnnnnnnnn!
It's ok girl, we know what you meant. Just teasing you:grin:.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Just to add....Kinky Curly Knot Today would make a great daily moisturizer, but not that mustard stuff....I mean custard
. J/K

But like I said before it's has a very strong hold and it's designed to be reactivated by water or anything with water in it so if you were to use it for a wash n' go and then re-wet the next day the product would be re-activated like you just put it in. I could imagine it would create quite a build up if used daily.

Kinkyhairlady

I just purchased this yesterday. Do you have to use their leave in knots today? I did not realize I needed to purchase it and as expensive as the gel was I don't feel like spending for the leave in. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I just purchased this yesterday. Do you have to use their leave in knots today? I did not realize I needed to purchase it and as expensive as the gel was I don't feel like spending for the leave in. Is there a cheaper alternative?
Yeah, they are designed to work together. You could try some other type of creamy leave in but I've heard it's hard to pair it up with something else and get good results.

deborah11

Just to add....Kinky Curly Knot Today would make a great daily moisturizer, but not that mustard stuff....I mean custard
. J/K

But like I said before it's has a very strong hold and it's designed to be reactivated by water or anything with water in it so if you were to use it for a wash n' go and then re-wet the next day the product would be re-activated like you just put it in. I could imagine it would create quite a build up if used daily.

Girl you are to funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!:yep::grin: