KeraCare to REMOVE ALL Mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, and petrolatum from Products!

Raine054

http://www.dralisyed.com/2010/03/upgraded-avlons-keracare-line.html

Upgraded: Avlon's KeraCare Line

By Dr. Ali Syed on March 25, 2010 1:55 PM | No Comments | No TrackBacks

You spoke, we listened.
I'm happy to announce that Avlon's KeraCare line has now seen some significant upgrades.
Firstly, we finally upgraded the package to a sleek new design that we all hope you like. Stylists: retailing this new package will be a piece of cake. The new packaging is aesthetically pleasing and will look very good on your shelves.

Secondly, we re-evaluated every KeraCare formula for ingredients that have been become hot topics in the industry. We figured that we would revise formulas as we introduced the new packaging. So over the next few months and years, you will start to see the elimination of Sulfates, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, and Parabens from all KeraCare products.
To our faithful KeraCare users, we know there is some nervousness as many of you fell in love with our older formulas. We are working on a solution that will accommodate you as well; however, we request you to speak up. We're not psychics. If you love something, let us know. If you don't like something, let us know. No package or formula is final. Our state of the art facilities allow us to be a dynamic company that can make changes on the fly.

How do you ladies feel about this?

Re: KeraCare to REMOVE ALL Mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, and petrolatum from Produ

As much as they cost most salon products should exclude them. Funny how the packaging came first, and then the reformulation came after, but at least they are reformulating it. :ohwell:

Re: KeraCare to REMOVE ALL Mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, and petrolatum from Produ

Where do you ladies buy this line over the internet?

Last edited:

Thank you very much!

I don't like it. That means that the Humecto in the Tub will change. It's a great product, and should not be messed with.

New and Improved is not always better. I hope they don't mess it up, although i'm afraid they will.

I don't like it. That means that the Humecto in the Tub will change. It's a great product, and should not be messed with.

New and Improved is not always better. I hope they don't mess it up, although i'm afraid they will.

I share your concern.

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol Isostearate, Polyquaternium-32 and Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: (Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, Marigold, Rosemary, Ivy, Arnica, Lime, Corn Flower, Wild Chamomile, St. John's Wort, Water-cress, and Garlic), Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone.

Those are the ingredients for the Humecto....As far as I can see there is only one paraben. Maybe a chemist can come in here and tell us what would be removed/changed.

And I completely missed the mineral oil. SMH.....Forgive me, I pulled an all nighter.

*slowly exits thread*

Last edited:

There's 2 parabens a mineral oil.

Although we know that mineral oil is not the best thing for our hair, I'm wondering what role it's playing in this product to make it so good. I don't even want them to take the mineral oil out. Taking that out may change it for the worse too.

I share your concern.

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol Isostearate, Polyquaternium-32 and Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: (Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, Marigold, Rosemary, Ivy, Arnica, Lime, Corn Flower, Wild Chamomile, St. John's Wort, Water-cress, and Garlic), Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone.

Those are the ingredients for the Humecto....As far as I can see there is only one paraben. Maybe a chemist can come in here and tell us what would be removed/changed.

I don't use this product - but - it sounds like - it will no longer be KeraCare. It will be something else....

Companies are desparate to sell..... and "natural" and "greener" are now buzz words.

Good luck with your finds ladies. Seems to me everyporduct likes to play with formulations - and then boom... it no longer works. :nono:

I am gonna keep making my own till - I can't anymore.... Then i just shave my head..... :giggle:

I am pleased with the mineral oil and petrolatum change. The others I'm not so familiar with. May be pointless to take the sulfates out of their shampoos if they will have cones. I think the results will depend on what they replaced these ingredients with. Sometimes companies will replace it with something just as bad that we aren't as familiar with. We'll see!

Hrrm. :scratchch This might open up a new line of products for me to use.

Personally I am glad Keracare have done this. We complain all the time on this board about the ingredients mentioned so I see it as a step in the right direction in that these companies are finally recognizing us as intelligent as discerning consumers. Even if the formula change does not work at first at least they will show a commitment to improving the quality of the ingredients and the others can only follow suit.

Irbys has the new shampoos but when I ask them about the mineral oil free stuff they act like they don't know what the heck Im talking about.

Paynes no longer sells the 5lb to non-professionals

I love the new formula of the creme headress

Well, while its true that formula changes are not always for the better, I like the fact that Avalon is listening to their consumer base. Lets hope the new formulations are just as good, if not better.

i think this sounds great! i have tons of the old...tubs (unopened) if u wanna buy
i have a little of the whole line!!!

i suddenly went natural after buying all this ish

I was never a Keracare fan but I have used the sulfate free Hydrating Detangling shampoo and it is great. I still don't care for Humecto so I don't plan to use any other products even with new packaging.

I think one day I might look into the Sulfate free shampoo :)

Right now I only use Sulfate free so Variety is my spice of life :D

i like the idea that they are listening to their consumers - given how into hair formulation they seem to be i would atlease suspect that whatever they replace it with will be good. i am beginning to feel this company.

What's with the 3D picture? :perplexed

Well I have already started moving into using more sulfate and paraben-free products and if Keracare is ridding their products of these harmful ingredients then I will definitely be giving them a try. I love the Keracare hydrating shampoo and if they keep the carboxylic acid in this shampoo, it will remain one of my staple products.

I will consider trying out the Humecto again when and if the formula changes.

It sounds like they want my business. :yep:

thats good the only products i really like are the Hydrating poo/ and Dry Itchy scalp Conditioner.The Jojoba moisturizer is terrible !full of mineral oil(which im not opposed to in rinse out products) !it really coats your hair and smells of vasiline.

Last edited:

Has anyone tried the new mineral oil free Intensive Restorative Masque? Have any of you tried any of the other new conditioners in the range?

I tried the Keracare sulphate free hydrating shampoo, it made my hair extremely dehydrated! When the shampoo touched my scalp, it started burning my scalp leaving me with very bad dry scalp. I only used it once and I would not use it again maybe there was an ingredient in the product that my hair did not take too. Too be honest no KeraCare product has ever done anything positive or nourishing for my hair.

i have a question. When I look at this product I see that they have keracare then they have avlon keracare. What is the difference? besides the price of course. Is the one by avalon the generic version?

i have a question. When I look at this product I see that they have keracare then they have avlon keracare. What is the difference? besides the price of course. Is the one by avalon the generic version?

avalon is the company that makes keracare

I ALWAYS hated the Humecto conditioner ,it makes my hair dry,coated and crispy . Yuck what a slimy mess,perhaps without mineral oil it ll be better ,i would add some Serious oils like jojoba or avocado to it.
lamaria211 what did they replace M.O with ?

Back