How do I get rid of this itchy scalp!!!!!!!?????!!!

taylokc

I've never had a problem with my scalp being itchy or nothing....no dandruff or nothing. Ive tried to use the KeraCare Dry and Itchy Scalp line. I prepooed with the conditioner and everything. I keep my scalp moisturized. Nothing is working. Do y'all have any products or techniques that you use to solve this serious problem????????? Chime in ladies!!!!

KAT25

have you tried clarifying your hair? could it be product build up on your scalp?
If not tea tree oil helps with itchy scalp

taylokc

I just got a relaxer and straw set two weeks ago and im gonna wash them out this weekend so maybe ill try some tea tree oil. my scalp has been itching for about two months now and i have clarified within that time. So I don't think its product buildup.

taylokc

yeah that's what I do because I tend to soothe myself by scratching when I wash and co-wash. So I wash my hair like every 3 days now becuase its itching soooooooooo much!!!

yuriko

aww, sorry to hear that, you should definitely try the tea tree oil, I would suggest any minty ointment,( I know keracare has one), or anycream that will call the scalp to tingle. Apply that to your scalp, HTH, well thats what helps me

taylokc

Aloe oil....hmmm....that's interesting. I never used that before. Where can I find some???? Another question: If I decide to get some tea tree oil, should I mix it in with my shampoo or prepoo with it or what???

KAT25

try doing an oil rinse with it but mainly put it on your scalp and massage.

ETA: what about the product that you use on your hair, have you tired any new products lately? you could be having an allegeric reaction to something.

Last edited:

Qualitee

sulfate free shampoo. oil your scalp with avocado oil or peppermint oil. bt and bee mine stops itch and flakes. HTH

PatTodd

I had a persistently itchy scalp for a while once for no apparent reason. I pre-poo'd with Amla oil a few times and it stopped.

Filmatic

Aloe oil....hmmm....that's interesting. I never used that before. Where can I find some???? Another question: If I decide to get some tea tree oil, should I mix it in with my shampoo or prepoo with it or what???

I got mine from the BSS. And I agreed do an oil rinse. I use to warm it and apply it directly to my scalp with a nozzle.

mistee11

Hi Taylokc, I've had a lot of success with BT. It's really great because it helps stop itching and flaking. Trust, this stuff will help your scalp. Or you might even want to try MN. This works good too. I put a little Olive Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Flaxseed, and a little cinnamon, cayenne, and sage then I mix it altogether with the MN. If I got other EOs I throw that in too. You mentioned that you tried Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp products...they didn't help me either. Not even the High Glossifier which smells pretty good and is supposed to help combat dryness, flakes and itching did not stop my problems.

taylokc

Thanks for respnding, ladies. I have some Boundless Tresses but I don't want to use just yet because I just got a relaxer and I want to enjoy it before I get any new growth.

I've never used Alma oil...but I will definitely keep it in mind.

I think Im gonna go ahead and get some tea tree oil.

As of my normal routine, I don't think Im doing anything differently. I wash every few days....haven't tried any new products....not eating differently....don't have dandruff....and my life hasn't changed drastically unless it stress because I do have a heavier course load this semester.

*~*Afrolicious*~*

I've never had a problem with my scalp being itchy or nothing....no dandruff or nothing. Ive tried to use the KeraCare Dry and Itchy Scalp line. I prepooed with the conditioner and everything. I keep my scalp moisturized. Nothing is working. Do y'all have any products or techniques that you use to solve this serious problem????????? Chime in ladies!!!!

PEPPERMINT OIL. I dab straight peppermint oil all over my scalp and my head feels cool all day!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Try a treatment for a week with Sulphur 8 to which you'd added just a few drops of Thyme essential oil.

Ballerina_Bun

ORS - Uplifting Shampoo or

Kerastase - Bain Bio-Recharge for Dry Hair

Maybe adding EFA's to you diet too.

Also, if you are leaving conditioner on for a longtime or over night, that sometimes causes the scalp to itch. It'll take a little whle for it to go away.

redecouvert

I often get itchy scalp
I loove using Qhemet Biologics Grapeseed and Tea tree oil pomade
so soothing!!

My sister was also having a very itchy scalp
and i gave her my jar...in less than a week, she was a happy camper:drunk: