Kera Care stopped my breakage! Here's my proof..

candie19

I had posted on a couple of threads this weekend that I had to stop MTG because I had seriously dry and damaged hair from using it. I had more than an inch of new growth, but my hair was coming out each time I would touch it dry or wet. I researched and found macherieamour raving about KeraCare. I used it Sunday and then today (Wedesnday) and you can see the difference KeraCare has made. The bag on the left is the the amount of hair that broke off while washing Sunday when I started using the KeraCare and the bag on the right is the amount of hair I lost today. What a difference. I can breathe a sigh of relief. Thank you macherieamour!

This was my regime:
-I pre-conditioned on dry hair with a cheap conditioner and put on a plastic cap for about 15 minutes.
-I washed with Keracare hydrating shampoo
-Deep conditioned with the KeraCare Humetco for an hour (by mistake, I fell asleep under the dryer)
-and used the Keracare setting lotion and the oil moisturizer on my hair then cornrolled it.
(I'm currently wearing a instant wig)

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Wow, that is a big difference in hair loss. I need to use your hair baggie trick so that I can track my products to see what works. Thanks for the suggestions and congrads on finding products that do the job. Your review almost makes me want to buy another keracare shampoo and give humecto another try.

Woah!! Huge Difference! I am happy that you found something that worked for you. Thanks for sharing. I think I will pick some up just in case.. Bests!

Congrats to you!!! Thank God for this board.

You can find solutions to most of our hair care problems.

WOW, what a difference! I'm glad you found what works for you, keep it up :)

Keracare was a good choice. IMO one of the best lines out there. Good for you! Keep us posted on your progress!

gradygirl said:
I love me some Humecto (in the tub).

me to girl...my water is hard and I needs allll the conditioner at my beck and call that I can pile on top of my head to combat tangles...

Keracare helps my hair alot...alot

:lol: Congrats! That's a huge difference! How long were you using MTG before you started to notice the breakage? I'm new to this board, and heard that MTG really helps your hair to grow. Just wondering if you've been using it frequently...

Ladies thank you so much for the encouragement. I had been using MTG for about a month applying it ever other day. I realized each week that I washed, my hair was hard, brittle and extrememly dry. My hair had never been like this before. You really have to be careful with that product because it creates so much growth so fast but it was just to strong for my hair.

You grow girl. I might have to get back on the Keracare bandwagon. Man my PJ is showing again isn't it?

I fell in love with the entire line and it as a result I am 4 weeks shy of a 16 week relaxer stretch. It;s fab!

Dang, you all are going to make me get back on Keracare!!! I gave up on Keracare when I discovered Aveda DR and Elucence. I may need to put Keracare back into the rotation so that I'm not running out of Aveda DR too quickly.

I think I'm going to stop at the beauty supply today. I have been shedding alot lately. I don't know why. Actually I guess it has never stopped shedding its growing like crazy though. I don't have any bald spots but, I'm glad to know that KeraCare might put an end to shedding/breakage.

Thanks!

I'm glad you found a solution so quickly!! I know how nerve racking it can be when your losing a lot of hair. I LOVE KeraCare. I ran out so I've been using Nexxus until I can get some more, I need to hurry up and find some!! I just hate to pay s&h when I order it online.

I tried the Keracare Hydrating Shampoo for the first time yesterday and I LOVED it. That will be my staple.

To the OP...are you still having fabulous results from keracare? I'm trying to narrow my product arsenal down to a few hairlines. I know I will keep NTM deep conditioner (it detangles like no other that I've come across) and I plan to keep some of the products I love from Elasta QP. I am considering making Kera Care my main haircare product line but I haven't tried it yet. I am still struggling with breakage...can't figure out why yet and I think I'm in a need of a good deep conditioner like Keracare Humecto. Please keep us posted.

Back