Kenra Thermal Styling Spray Free Sample

Great thanks! I rarely use heat anymore but this might come in handy when I'm trying to be cute and wear straight hair sometime over the summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
My sample arrived today in a HUGE box. :lol: :lol: I didn't know what it was at first, but under a yard of bubble wrap was the sample.

How long did it yall to get them?? I think I ordered the sample before?? Has anyone used any of their other products??

baglady215 said:
Mine too... So who's gonna be the test dummy? :lol:

Well, I'm afraid it won't be me. :cry: I just peeped the ingredients.....SD Alcohol- 20.....my hairs worst nightmare. :( Oh, well.....I'll pass this one on over.

sky_blu said:
How long did it yall to get them?? I think I ordered the sample before?? Has anyone used any of their other products??

I ordered it about a month ago. I just got it today. I will use it this weekend and let you know how it goes on Monday!

sky_blu said:
I ordered the free sample of thermal styling spray on 4/19 and I received it yesterday.

A lot of members here use Kenra products (moisturizing shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, glossing drops - just to name a few).

I got this in the mail the other day and was kinda excited until I saw that the first ingredient was SD alcohol!!!! Dang. I won't be using this after all.

The instructions tell you to spray this on your hair and then use your curling iron/flat iron. It's supposed to help the hair to not stick to appliances. After you do this you spray it on your hair again.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Honi said:
I got this in the mail the other day and was kinda excited until I saw that the first ingredient was SD alcohol!!!! Dang. I won't be using this after all.

The instructions tell you to spray this on your hair and then use your curling iron/flat iron. It's supposed to help the hair to not stick to appliances. After you do this you spray it on your hair again.

Has anyone tried it yet?

I've used mine.

I have a review and results in my album.

In a nutshell, it acts like that Aquanet hairspray that my mom used to use back in the day....smells like it too. When I first smelled it, I was a little hesitant to use it, but I'm still learning and trying new things. I, too, also noticed the alcohol. I told myself I was going to check to see if it was one of the 'good' alcohols.

Meanwhile, I took a section and rubbed coconut oil all over. I parted and spritzed (2 squirts) and massaged with the kenra then blowdryed. When completed, this section felt kinda hard, like straw. On the next section I did something different. I parted, oiled, then sprayed, massaged, then blowdryed. I did this until the whole section was complete. The results were much, much softer. I guess I needed more oil in the hair.

Meanwhile, since the spray wanted to act like a holding spray, I treated it like one. Another day, I rolled my hair, styled and then spritz a little of the styling spray on the curls. By the end of the day I still had curls. They were hard, but curls nonetheless.

I'll not by buying this product. I'm sticking with the Ion Heat Protectant spray.

Back