Kenra Ignores Me

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have emailed Kenra, probably 3 times in the last year. I've been tactfully telling them what a bad idea it was to get rid of their Intensive Emollient treatment. I've also told them that the Nourishing Masque which is the apparent replacement for the KIE is AWFUL and it's more expensive AND you get less. :nono:

They've yet to respond. :ohwell:

I haven't seen it (the Masque) on the shelves at Ulta my last 2 visits. This gives me hope. :D

In the meantime, I'm going to try their Platinum Moisturizer. I tried it before and took it back because I didn't like the price tag. But now that KIE is gone and the 4 oz. Masque is $20, I'll happily spend the $17 for the 8.5oz Platinum Moisturizer.

Last edited:

lexi08

I loved the KIE too. I am hording my last tube. I did not like the new mask either, you are right its too expensive for what you get.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I loved the KIE too. I am hording my last tube. I did not like the new mask either, you are right its too expensive for what you get.

And the little tub it comes in is deceiving! It is not as deep as it looks on the outside. Inside of it, the bottom of the jar is higher up than the bottom of the jar on the outside. :nono:

Leslie_C

hmmm...well how rude! lol....

is the platinum moisturizer a leave in or rinse out conditioner or is it supposed to be a daily moisturizer?

lexi08

And the little tub it comes in is deceiving! It is not as deep as it looks on the outside. Inside of it, the bottom of the jar is higher up than the bottom of the jar on the outside. :nono:

You are right:yep: about the jar. I am so tired of these companies reformulating good products and charging you more money for a smaller amount of a less effective product.

Evazhair

After trying Kenra MC, I can imagine the IE must be off the chain! That stuff can turn me back into a mineral oil nazi. Maybe they are just taking forever to get back to you as companies do. They do need to explain themselves and/or bring the IE back. I saw that little jar and thought it can't be a good look for me.

Britt

I don't know why they discontinued the IET. It was a staple for me. It was very moisturizing and emollient as the name suggested :grin:. I remember when they discontinued it, I literally scoured the internet trying to get a few more tubes, all to no avail. That new stuff they have in a jar sucks! Bring back the IET !!!!!!!

HoneyDew

hmmm...well how rude! lol....

is the platinum moisturizer a leave in or rinse out conditioner or is it supposed to be a daily moisturizer?

It is a rinse out conditioner. I have used it as a deep conditioner, too. I am sure it can be used as a moisturizer, too, but I never tried that. Smells really good.

ubavka123

Yes, I too miss KIE, and I agree that the tub of the replacement mask is not worth the money and not to mention dried out my hair and gave zero slip. My hair was always like silk after KIE. :( I miss it much.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yes, I too miss KIE, and I agree that the tub of the replacement mask is not worth the money and not to mention dried out my hair and gave zero slip. My hair was always like silk after KIE. :( I miss it much.

This is not an exaggeration either. I actually feel like it tangled my hair. :(