Finally A Response from Kenra About KIE

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
My original letter:

Hello,

I have sent several messages of this nature in the past and have not yet received a response.

I am wondering if there are any plans to bring back the Intensive Emollient Treatment. I think it was one of the best conditioning products around.

I have tried the Nourishing Masque, which I believe was intended to replace the Intensive Emollient. I am sad to say that the masque does not compare. I was not pleased with it at all.

I hope to receive a response to my email this time.

Response

Dear J*****,
Thank you for contacting us. There are no plans to re-introduce Intensive Emollient Treatment. There is a very similar formula in another brand, Unreel Penetrating Emollient Conditioner- the main differences being the fragrance and the Unreel product does not contain the jojoba beads.

If you are interested in more information please visit the product information at http://unreelhair.com/what_is_unreel.html . To place an order (as Unreel is in limited salons) please call 800-428-8073.

Thank you,
Kenra LTD
Unreel Brand

HoneyDew

That's interesting that they recommend another product. I wonder what they are getting out of the deal. Maybe the person was just being nice. The product looks good though.

It looks hard to get. They don't sell it from the site and there are a limited number of salons that offer it.

But look at this before and after:

I could have hooked her up just like that with some Chi Silk Infusion and my Pink Solia. :grin:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

That's interesting that they recommend another product. I wonder what they are getting out of the deal. Maybe the person was just being nice. The product looks good though.

It looks hard to get. They don't sell it from the site and there are a limited number of salons that offer it.

I could have hooked her up just like that with some Chi Silk Infusion and my Pink Solia. :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Britt

Man, that was a really good conditioner. It was very moisturizing and the mask pales in comparison. I have very fickle hair and that was a product that was actually worth it. I'm almost tempted to order it from Amazon now :sad:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Kenra makes the Unreel line.

Also, the before and after pics are supposed to show how well the chemical straightener (relaxer) from this line works. The conditioning product is the one she is recommending to me that is similar to the KIE. I don't think the site is trying to say that the conditioning product makes the hair straight and smooth like that.

HoneyDew

Kenra makes the Unreel line.

Also, the before and after pics are supposed to show how well the chemical straightener (relaxer) from this line works. The conditioning product is the one she is recommending to me that is similar to the KIE. I don't think the site is trying to say that the conditioning product makes the hair straight and smooth like that.

It is basically a relaxer, then? Okay no wonder it is only available at salons. I misunderstood. I was just checking out the conditioner.

I like the FAQS, though. Sounds like a relaxer. :)

Q: Will my hair end up bone straight?
A: No, Unreel™ was designed to straighten hair while leaving natural movement. If you want a “flat” look, a few minutes with a flat iron will deliver bone straight hair.

Q: What if I sometimes want to wear my hair curly?
A: If most days you wear your hair straight but every once in a while want to wear it curly you can either: roller set your hair to achieve well defined (less fuzzy) and shinier curls; or by using a curling iron you can produce the subtle, but very modern, loose curl look (referred to as the “beach” look).

Q: Do I need to care for my hair differently?
A: Yes, if you wish to maximize treatment results and guard against reversion you will need to care for your hair with the cleansing and conditioning product provided.

Q: Will I have wash and go hair?
A: Most “finished” looks require some styling, even for those with naturally straight hair. Unreel™ will significantly reduce your styling time.

Q: Are there options with Unreel if I don't want my hair straight, I just want my curl softened and my big hair deflated?
A. Yes, your stylist has been trained on this system (no salon can have Unreel without extensive hands on training)and she will be able to analyze your hair texture and porosity to custom fit a process for you.

Q: Can I have Unreel applied over previous straighteners? :perplexed
A. Yes, if you hair is in good condition, you may have it applied over all types of chemical straighteners. Tell your stylist so she can adjust the process for your situation.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
So I received my products today! The rep was right about the Penetrating Emollient Treatment being 'similar' to the IET. No, it's not similar--it is more or less the same. The ingredients are the same in the same order with a couple of tiny exceptions. The new product does not contain SAAs. The new one also does not contain the little jojoba beads, but it still has jojoba in it. Again, comparing the two containers side by side, the only difference I see in the ingredent list is the absence of SAAs in one.

The fragrance is different, still very pleasant of course. You get a little more product than with the IET & it's $3 less per tube.

I am excited--I expect it to work the same as the IET. After I try it, I expect that I'll be calling back to stock up. :)

GeorginaSparks

So I received my products today! The rep was right about the Penetrating Emollient Treatment being 'similar' to the IET. No, it's not similar--it is more or less the same. The ingredients are the same in the same order with a couple of tiny exceptions. The new product does not contain SAAs. The new one also does not contain the little jojoba beads, but it still has jojoba in it. Again, comparing the two containers side by side, the only difference I see in the ingredent list is the absence of SAAs in one.

The fragrance is different, still very pleasant of course. You get a little more product than with the IET & it's $3 less per tube.

I am excited--I expect it to work the same as the IET. After I try it, I expect that I'll be calling back to stock up. :)
what is SAA and where did you buy the unreel thing?

jasmin

I just used the last of my intensive. I use to buy tubes of this stuff and also send it to my mother. She was very disappointed like I was that it was discontinued. It was a big staple.

Last edited:

Britt

Where did you order from?!?!?!? I looked up the product and it seems you can only purchase through salons?

Thanks!!!!

jasmin

There are no salons near me in Illinois. I think you have to call the number to order by phone unfortunately but I would love to see a list of their products.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Sunbasque,

SAA=Silk Amino Acids.

Please see the original post for your other question. :)

Ladies, I'm going to do a quick review. (in a new thread)