Kemi Laboratories - Live Chat

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nikos, I don't understand military time. Is 15:00 3pm EST?

[/ QUOTE ]
15:00 = 3:00 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

2:00 pm Central Standard Time. (Just a reminder for me, since I'm in the Midwest)

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Near the top, there is a link that says "Chat", where the links for "My Home", "Photo Gallery", etc. are, Please let me know if you don't see it.. You can actually check it out now to see if it works...

JenJen2721

I don't see the chat link.

beverly

Staff member
thanks Jen, I will provide exact instructions in this thread within the hour!

Crystal

I don't see a chat link either....

I'm behind a firewall so I"m wondering if I can access it anyway.

beverly

Staff member
You should be able to access it, since I can. At work I am behind a firewall too, so I can not get onto AOL instant messenger, but I can get on to this chat. Its just we need to make the link visible to you girls, its just a permission thing, so I will let you know how to access it shortly..

beverly

Staff member
There is a link at the top that says "Click Here to enter the Chat", the chat begins in 15 minutes!

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Just to let everyone know that I have enabled the Chat link for everyone. Before it was available only for the administrators and moderators to do test runs.

Please go to the top of the page and right below the menu you will see a link that says CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE CHAT ROOM.

That's it. If anyone sees a little window that says that there is something to be downloaded to your computer, please allow it to otherwise you will not be able to enter the chat.

Nikos

jazzyfunknastee

I've been trying and reloading but all I get is a small window saying "If you are disconnected by accident, click on the Connect button to reconnect.
You can resize the chat window. Also you can talk in private to as many people as you wish by double clicking on their username" above what looks like a box where something's supposed to load up but isn't. There isn't anything to download. It looks like I'll have to wait for the log of it.

Crystal

I'm having the same problem Jazzy but I know mine is because I'm behind a firewall at work and my company won't allow us to install the additonal softwared needed to run chats.

Are you behind a firewall or at work where your access is limited?

I'll just wait for the transcript.. I'm sure the girls are asking good questions and all bases will be covered.

jazzyfunknastee

Pebs, I've had the window up for at least 10 minutes now and nothing has happened. I'm at home with no firewall. I'm on dial-up but my connection is not that slow LOL

pebbles

Oh no.
Fortunately, the transcript of the chat will be posted.
Perhaps next time. But that is how you get into the chat, just as you described. Why you never saw the actual chat is a mystery to me.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
The chat transcript has been posted. I will also post some instructions and workarounds for those that couldn't make it in the chat.

Nikos