keeping the hair untangled ...H-E-L-P

Taina

I really don`t know what to do, i need help with my hair.
I`m 8 months post BC my hair is not that long, but i have a problem trying to keep my hair untangled. Everytime i co-wash or wash my hair i have to be almost 7 minutes to detangle it and when i`m out of the shower (and i always leave a bit of conditioner in my hair) and the hair starts to dry i have to detangle it all over again!!! specially below the crown, is crazy!

For example, yerterday i was braiding my hair to do a twist out today, and when i reach that part of my hair it was like i didnt detangle it before :wallbash:
is getting too complicated. Plz Help :nono:

When was the last time you clarified your hair? I know, by my hair, when I co-wash often it starts acting a little funny when there is just too much buildup ( about 1 week and 1/2). After I clarify, it's ok again.

clarifying is a good idea.
Ur detangling while wet and conditioner soaked in the shower right?
Also, do you have a spray bottle you could put some water and conditioner in, maybe don't let the area get dry before you get to that section to braid or twist or whatever....

maybe after you detangle each section put it in a lil knot or braid so it wont get tangled again

One of my go to fixes for detangling is doing an oil rinse. Sareca has a good thread titled Don't Sleep On Oil Rinses. Check it out it might be helpful. HTH y buena suerte amiga.

One of my go to fixes for detangling is doing an oil rinse. Sareca has a good thread titled Don't Sleep On Oil Rinses. Check it out it might be helpful. HTH y buena suerte amiga.
I will also look for that thread. Gracias :blush:

You should maybe try Porosity Control. Its not too expensive and after one use, My ends felt smoother and tangled less.

Good Luck :)

Try clarifying. I have a video in my siggy about detangling natural hair. It may help.. Detangling your hair when saturated with conditioner while in the shower helps a WHOLE lot.

Try clarifying. I have a video in my siggy about detangling natural hair. It may help.. Detangling your hair when saturated with conditioner while in the shower helps a WHOLE lot.
Is that you! i learned about retaining lenght with your video :grin:
Well that`s what i do, i detangle my hair while in the shower with the conditioner on :yep:

maybe after you detangle each section put it in a lil knot or braid so it wont get tangled again

That's what I was going to say.

I don't do WNG because I don't allow my hair to shrink as that would lead to tangles. I never have to detangle because I don't let my hair tangle.

When I wash my hair, it's always stretched in braids or twists that I was already wearing. If my hair wasn't in either (which is rare), as in the case where I was getting ready to straighten my hair, I first put the hair into big plaits before I wet it. Then I wet it and apply shampoo to the plaits. I use the most slippery shampoo I can find. I then undo a plait and starting at the ends, I comb through...and keep going down till I can comb from base to ends with ease. I also use that moment to stick fingers through the base of my hair to massage my scalp. Then I plait it back and move on to the next. (I use a seamless comb or a metal-teeth comb.)

Once I've done that, comes the rinsing. As the shower head sprays my head, I under a plait at a time with water running through it and comb again. The water makes combing through so easy. I then plait that section promptly stretching it as I plait to keep the strands parallel.

Next I apply the conditioner braid section by braid section. I use fingers to pull out a narrow section and apply conditioner the way you would relaxer and then comb through. I don't know what your hair texture is but when I comb my hair, I stretch it with one hand to open up the coils and make the comb glide easily. Like this. I then plait the hair up and move on to the next braid. To make it easy to undo each one, I first apply conditioner on the braid before undoing, so that the strands slide easily over each other.

I then put on a plastic cap and shower. Rinsing is done the same way as I did the shampoo. And then I plait my hair again, section by section.

I don't use product on my hair unless I plan to wear my hair out, and in that case, I'd undo each damp braid section and apply S Curl...enough to make my hair slippery. Plaiting it damp and letting it airdry would give me some stretch but if I don't have time for that, I just comb it out once each section is done.

If you only ever let your hair dry stretched, and if you never wash it unless it's braided, you will find you may never need to really detangle. I don't know much about WNGs so I won't discuss them, but for braidouts and twistouts, I'd say get your hair into the braids or twists while dry...and then CW in them. Let your hair dry like that and then wear your do. When it's time to go to bed, you must braid or twist your hair for the night.

That's what I was going to say.

I don't do WNG because I don't allow my hair to shrink as that would lead to tangles. I never have to detangle because I don't let my hair tangle.

When I wash my hair, it's always stretched in braids or twists that I was already wearing. If my hair wasn't in either (which is rare), as in the case where I was getting ready to straighten my hair, I first put the hair into big plaits before I wet it. Then I wet it and apply shampoo to the plaits. I use the most slippery shampoo I can find. I then undo a plait and starting at the ends, I comb through...and keep going down till I can comb from base to ends with ease. I also use that moment to stick fingers through the base of my hair to massage my scalp. Then I plait it back and move on to the next. (I use a seamless comb or a metal-teeth comb.)

Once I've done that, comes the rinsing. As the shower head sprays my head, I under a plait at a time with water running through it and comb again. The water makes combing through so easy. I then plait that section promptly stretching it as I plait to keep the strands parallel.

Next I apply the conditioner braid section by braid section. I use fingers to pull out a narrow section and apply conditioner the way you would relaxer and then comb through. I don't know what your hair texture is but when I comb my hair, I stretch it with one hand to open up the coils and make the comb glide easily. Like this. I then plait the hair up and move on to the next braid. To make it easy to undo each one, I first apply conditioner on the braid before undoing, so that the strands slide easily over each other.

I then put on a plastic cap and shower. Rinsing is done the same way as I did the shampoo. And then I plait my hair again, section by section.

I don't use product on my hair unless I plan to wear my hair out, and in that case, I'd undo each damp braid section and apply S Curl...enough to make my hair slippery. Plaiting it damp and letting it airdry would give me some stretch but if I don't have time for that, I just comb it out once each section is done.

If you only ever let your hair dry stretched, and if you never wash it unless it's braided, you will find you may never need to really detangle. I don't know much about WNGs so I won't discuss them, but for braidouts and twistouts, I'd say get your hair into the braids or twists while dry...and then CW in them. Let your hair dry like that and then wear your do. When it's time to go to bed, you must braid or twist your hair for the night.
I will definitely try that tomorrow :yep: THANKS

Back