just wanted to say a big hello! i'm new =)

wun_n_onlie

Hi everyone! my name's adora and i've been in love with hair care since i was 14 years old (i'm 20 now). luckily i kinda know how this board works with the use of short forms and stuff since I've been a lurker for yeaaarsssss hahaha so i'm not a completeee newbie, but i still have a lot to learn! I've been on my hair journey for around 5 years now and i've had many triumphs and setbacks along the way...currently, i'm 10 weeks post and somewhere in between shoulder length and APL! BSL is my goal for now and hopefully I can get there around this time next year with the help of you ladies =D
I attached a couple of pics to this post so you can get an idea of what my hair looks like....the one in the brown tank top was taken last Feb and the rest were taken after a trim that i had to get due to damage! enjoy =D

Attachments

• IMG00125-20100818-1508.jpg
    IMG00125-20100818-1508.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG00116-20100817-1516.jpg
    IMG00116-20100817-1516.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG00106-20100817-1513.jpg
    IMG00106-20100817-1513.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 66
  • study break.jpg
    study break.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 100218-184738.jpg
    100218-184738.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 71

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Welcome, Adora. I LOVE the updo. I wish I could get a closer look or at least know how it's styled. Share, mama! Thanks.

Last edited:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Welcome! So you now opened a can of worms, LOL. Um, how did you do her hair in the 4the 4th picture? I LOVE IT! You and your hair are beautiful! Welcome to LHCF!

mstk

Welcome and happy growing! I'm going to echo the request for details on your wavy updo, please and thank you. :grin:

wun_n_onlie

thank you guys so much for the warm welcome =] that curly up do is actually a bantu knot out that i did on slightly damp hair in 8 different sections...i used HE LTR leave in and sealed with hot 6 oil and clipped it up in the back with a claw clip...i also used 3 bobby pins to pulll the front of it back to form the pufff...ahahah i hope that makes sense.... i'm actually going to start making youtube vids/tutorials with some of my hairstyles so i'll let you guys know when that happens!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
thank you guys so much for the warm welcome =] that curly up do is actually a bantu knot out that i did on slightly damp hair in 8 different sections...i used HE LTR leave in and sealed with hot 6 oil and clipped it up in the back with a claw clip...i also used 3 bobby pins to pulll the front of it back to form the pufff...ahahah i hope that makes sense.... i'm actually going to start making youtube vids/tutorials with some of my hairstyles so i'll let you guys know when that happens!

Definitely, because I'm gonna need to see you do that. It looks FABULOUS!!! :grin::yep: