Iyanla: "fix My Life" -- Gay Preachers -- Part 3 Of 3 ...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Watching now and will post more later.

From what I've viewed so far, these men are in serious bondage to this spirit of sin.

They cannot preach the Gospel without admitting God's truth that this is a life of sin. And from this truth they will then be set free. Jesus died and took this sin to the Cross as He did with all sins. The sin of homosexuality does not have immunity from repentance.

Christians, please feel free to post your views about this.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I have nothing against Iyanla but I can never understand why Christians go to the world for help in spiritual matters, some matters are spiritual and can only be discerned by the spirit of God, she can only 'help' in her own strength but it going to take the healing power of Christ and their willingness for God to do a new work in them and then real and lasting changes can be made in the lifes of these men.

Shimmie

Staff member
I have nothing against Iyanla but I can never understand why Christians go to the world for help in spiritual matters, some matters are spiritual and can only be discerned by the spirit of God, she can only 'help' in her own strength but it going to take the healing power of Christ and their willingness for God to do a new work in them and then real and lasting changes can be made in the lifes of these men.

"They" go to Iyanla because she 'pacifies' and consoles their sin. After she pulls out their flooding emotions of their boo-hooing and apologies, she appeases and gives them 'lollipop permission' to 'feel' less guilty about being in sin with homosexuality.

Then she proceeds to 'bully' the family members to feel guilty and to accept it.

I love Iyanla's compassion, she does truly care. However she is not telling folks the truth about everything and this is extremely dangerous. These men will continue in the gay lifestyle and more than likely end up with HIV /AIDS and delve deeper into the sin and depression.

Homosexuality is not an awakening to life...it is a death path, spirit, soul and body. However, Jesus took this sin, as all others, to the Cross and their deliverance from it has not been excluded.

These men are not dwelling in God's truth, however God has indeed made this provision for them as He has for us all:

Ephesians Chapter 1:

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.

Ephesians 1...

Shimmie

Staff member
I missed this episode. Any links to watch it online?
:wave: Hi @yodie

They're really 'milking' these episodes for all they can get. The full episode isn't online yet, only clips that I was able to locate here:

http://www.oprah.com/own-iyanla-fix-my-life/Iyanla-Fix-My-Life-Returns-September-19-Video

The show re-airs this Saturday at 8:00 p.m. Eastern / 5:00 Pacific; Episode 2 airs right after.

Oh and get this... the lgbt is a sponsor on own's website. :nono: These folks are working hard on giving life to this sin. :nono: However, what they are attempting simply will not win. The consequences of this lifestyle cannot be stifled nor erased.

yodie

Thank you @Shimmie. You know they're gonna milk anything that makes Christians and the church look foolish. Sadly, we provide them (people/media) with a lot of fodder. Has lgbt always been a sponsor for Iyanla's show or are they just sponsoring this episode do you know?

This is just sad on so many levels. I know not ALL churches are like this, but it seems that it's hidden all throughout the seams. Right now I'm almost scared to date/marry anyone in the church. This is my personal struggle. I see so many gay men in leadership ...
Church men have never stepped up and done the right thing in relationships I've had with them. It seems that most don't even look or approach and oftentimes they'll marry someone that doesn't know much about the bible or is even Christian...hey, as long as she looks good. For years I've been told (from the pulpit) don't date a man that isn't in church, blah, blah, blah and the ones that aren't in church every Sunday, quoting scripture, talking about God 24/7...seem to treat me much better than the ones in church. I'm seriously at a crossroads. I feel like I've wasted so many years waiting for that man of God, not living with someone because it's sin, not having sex outside of marriage because it's sin, not having kids outside of marriage because it's wrong and now I look and wonder...what do I have to show for it? I'm single and I have no children because I tried to do it the 'right way.' This is just how I feel today. I pray that God gives me another perspective because I truly dislike the way that I feel about all of it right now.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you @Shimmie. You know they're gonna milk anything that makes Christians and the church look foolish. Sadly, we provide them (people/media) with a lot of fodder. Has lgbt always been a sponsor for Iyanla's show or are they just sponsoring this episode do you know?

This is just sad on so many levels. I know not ALL churches are like this, but it seems that it's hidden all throughout the seams. Right now I'm almost scared to date/marry anyone in the church. This is my personal struggle. I see so many gay men in leadership ...
Church men have never stepped up and done the right thing in relationships I've had with them. It seems that most don't even look or approach and oftentimes they'll marry someone that doesn't know much about the bible or is even Christian...hey, as long as she looks good. For years I've been told (from the pulpit) don't date a man that isn't in church, blah, blah, blah and the ones that aren't in church every Sunday, quoting scripture, talking about God 24/7...seem to treat me much better than the ones in church. I'm seriously at a crossroads. I feel like I've wasted so many years waiting for that man of God, not living with someone because it's sin, not having sex outside of marriage because it's sin, not having kids outside of marriage because it's wrong and now I look and wonder...what do I have to show for it? I'm single and I have no children because I tried to do it the 'right way.' This is just how I feel today. I pray that God gives me another perspective because I truly dislike the way that I feel about all of it right now.

@yodie, please don't give up. Please don't. God is truly faithful and your expectable of his Promises 'fulfilled' in your life shall not be disappointed. Please don't give up.

As for the lgbt sponsorship, it looks like it's for this series on gay pastors. They need to mind their business, for the only thing they have to offer is keeping these men in bondage to gay sin.

Have you noticed how 'on purpose' this show has profiled 'Black men only'? It's all in making a ridicule of the Black Church. In addition, the lgbt has no business in this as they are a white gay front who could care less about the Black community, let alone gay blacks and indeed the Black Church.

Their logo is here on this page beneath the promo pics of the gay episode.

http://www.oprah.com/own-iyanla-fix-my-life/Fix-My-Secret-Life-As-A-Gay-Pastor

This has absolutely nothing to do with the lgbt's. Nothing! They are trespassing and they had better move out before God's judgment hits them ahead of His schedule time for doing so.

yodie

Love @Shimmie, a million times over.

Thank you for pointing it out how the series features only black men. Just attacks all around. Wow! No, I don't think lgbt is concerned with black men in general, but more so about further advancing their agenda and that logo is as big as my tummy right now from eating junk food. Always an agenda!

Shimmie

Staff member
Love @Shimmie, a million times over.

Thank you for pointing it out how the series features only black men. Just attacks all around. Wow!

No, I don't think lgbt is concerned with black men in general, but more so about further advancing their agenda and that logo is as big as my tummy right now from eating junk food. Always an agenda!

Lead of satan, they're 'after' the souls of young Black children who are not only being abused/molested, but the agenda is to 'wet' their innocence with curiosity, and to pull them into this unnatural sexual bondage and keep them there. Kids, Teens, Tweens, (our future Black generation) are viewing these shows; as are their friends / peers are also viewing and the seeds of deception are being planted for them to be accepting of the gay lifestyle, to accept it as the norm and without conviction.

The NAACP has fallen prey into their alliance and they've been duped into being ''tom'd" into allowing them to align their gay struggle the same as those of us of 'Color'. :nono:

satan is a 'Master Deceiver'; he thrives upon entrapment.

Jesus said... "satan desireth to have you and to sift you as wheat..."

mrselle

I watched some of the episode. I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire thing because I know that what she is doing and the agenda behind the show isn't right. Most everything that Iyanla does comes across as ritualistic to me. She uses the right buzz words to draw people in, but there is no anointing behind what she is doing.

Shimmie

Staff member
I watched some of the episode. I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire thing because I know that what she is doing and the agenda behind the show isn't right. Most everything that Iyanla does comes across as ritualistic to me. She uses the right buzz words to draw people in, but there is no anointing behind what she is doing.

Thanks so much for sharing this @mrselle

You are absolutely right on all points. I'm watching the married pastor like a hawk. You can see a strong spirit of arrogance in his sin.

I kid you not, satan was right there, mocking God through him. I'm discerning the source of this man's breakdown...his source of tears. I believe it is a heavy conviction from God that he has been running from.

However, the supporters of gay sin will call it otherwise, that he cannot change being gay

I'll say this. He can never and will not ever find peace until he repents and leaves the sin of being gay. There is no peace in that sin

momi

Yes I watched a good portion of it. I wonder why Iyanla feels she is qualified to even help these men?

ETA: By the way, for those who do not know Iyanla is a Yoruban Priestess. I don't know much about it, but I am certain she is not a Christian.

I believe these men are being used to make it appear that all pastors are gay or whoremongers and this is not the case at all.

Last edited:

momi

:wave: Hi @yodie

They're really 'milking' these episodes for all they can get. The full episode isn't online yet, only clips that I was able to locate here:

http://www.oprah.com/own-iyanla-fix-my-life/Iyanla-Fix-My-Life-Returns-September-19-Video

The show re-airs this Saturday at 8:00 p.m. Eastern / 5:00 Pacific; Episode 2 airs right after.

Oh and get this... the lgbt is a sponsor on own's website. :nono: These folks are working hard on giving life to this sin. :nono: However, what they are attempting simply will not win. The consequences of this lifestyle cannot be stifled nor erased.

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised. Yes they definitely have an agenda - but God's word will not return void. His long suffering is not eternal.

TrulyBlessed

I just want to know what happened after they came out to their congregations. If they are still pastoring their flock as openly gay men then..........

Shimmie

Staff member
I know that they are separated but I wonder why would she be seeing someone else and still married a pastor wife and supposedly be saved
To feel validated as a woman desired by a man. It's not right, but she was 'fighting' to feel loved as a woman by a man. A real man.

Shimmie

Staff member
I just want to know what happened after they came out to their congregations. If they are still pastoring their flock as openly gay men then..........
It's messed up if they are still pastoring. It's misleading too many precious souls. They cannot be pastors. They cannot continue to deny the sin that they are still in. Iyanla is wrong, to tell them that they were born gay.

There is no DNA for gay. It's a spirit that they have to be delivered from

Shimmie

Staff member
If...looks...could...kill.

His wife is not having this mess and his is so proud of being gay....

mrselle

I've recorded the last two episodes to go back and watch because I really want to be able to discuss this.

Watching the previews for the final part of this series and maybe my ears have deceived me, but it sounds like Iyanla cursed at somebody.

Iwanthealthyhair67

@Shimmie quoting that scripture is only validating his sin ...she's is trying to get them to be honest and be true to themselves and those around him while that is all a part of the deliverance process, your sins must also be acknowledged and repentance is also necessary, but Iyanla is not looking at homosexuality as a sin only the lies and infidelity are wrong.

TrulyBlessed

This married pastor is truly not repentant. :nono: He's feels 'entitled' and he's not sorry for hurting her.

Thank you! Like you said earlier he's extremely arrogant and is predominately concerned about himself and his well being than hurting his loved one. He probably couldn't care less about the feelings of his congregation either. Probably became a pastor for the title and ego boost. He was in fetal position looking crazy when it was all about him and his feelings but with his wife/first lady/mother of his kids, it's like ok I hurt you now what, then tried to squeeze out a few tears on cue because he was supposed to. He looks like a piece of work and has probably put her through more than just his affairs with men.

Shimmie

Staff member
I've recorded the last two episodes to go back and watch because I really want to be able to discuss this.

Watching the previews for the final part of this series and maybe my ears have deceived me, but it sounds like Iyanla cursed at somebody.

I have to go back and review the recording. I remember her saying to the married man that she wanted to smack (or slap) the taste out of his mouth.

He needs it too. :fistshake: That man is a heartless mess.

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie quoting that scripture is only validating his sin ...she's is trying to get them to be honest and be true to themselves and those around him while that is all a part of the deliverance process, your sins must also be acknowledged and repentance is also necessary, but Iyanla is not looking at homosexuality as a sin only the lies and infidelity are wrong.

This is so true. And folks viewing this are applauding her for it. I truly hate that she is lying about the Black Church by stating that the Church does not address this issue. The truth is that we 'ARE' addressing the issue by calling it what it is... 'sin' as we do all other sin. The issue is that 'they' want the Black Church to accept it and embrace the gay lifestyle. They don't want us to call it sin.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you! Like you said earlier he's extremely arrogant and is predominately concerned about himself and his well being than hurting his loved one. He probably couldn't care less about the feelings of his congregation either. Probably became a pastor for the title and ego boost.

He was in fetal position looking crazy when it was all about him and his feelings but with his wife/first lady/mother of his kids, it's like ok I hurt you now what, then tried to squeeze out a few tears on cue because he was supposed to. He looks like a piece of work and has probably put her through more than just his affairs with men.

This man has a 'bad' spirit and it comes from 'gay pride' which is arrogance and narcissistic entitlement. I mean, he won't even apologize to her. His demeanor is not of God. This man is self-absorbed, mean spirited, prideful and just plain uncaring.

A real man of God, with the heart of God would fall on his face and cry unto this woman, his wife and beg for her forgiveness and repent with his whole heart.

He has NO business in the pulpit. None. :nono: He is not living according to scripture in I Peter 3 nor in Ephesians 5. He's full of pride and thinks he has it made in his sin. Okay... let's see how far the devil takes him with it.

He needs a visitation from the Lord. A straight up visitation to shake his mess up and set him straight in every sense of the word.