It cant get any worse. . .IM BALD

LaRobinWolfe76

Hi Cupcake!!

To me it sounds like a relaxer burn.I became bald around the front of my hair about 5yrs ago after the birth of my daughter.I began shedding really bad and tried a new stylist at the same time= disaster.My hair was mid back and she cut it shoulder length and I was completely bald around the front.She gave me a tight curl style so I didn't notice any of this until a week later when I washed my hair I was utterly devastated.I cried and cried and cried because I'm serious about 2 things my hair and my skin.I had to take hair from the back of my head to cover the front.I didn't have much money at the time because I had just had a baby but what worked for me at the time were a bottle of $3.24 vitamins from Wal-Mart labeled HAIR! and my hair grew like wild fire.It even became noticable to my coworkers and I told one of them who at the time had a Halle Berry cut and w/in 4 mos her hair was past her ears.Also, that's when I began using Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor.I hope this helps!!!

elaine

I am so sorry for whats happened! Once you find out what the problem really is, you will be able to deal with it a lot better.

I had shedding like this in a certain area and found I was extremely iron deficient. I also had a bad stylist put a super relaxer in my fine hair and it came out at the roots. I had an older beautician cut my hair and start doing weekly treatments with mayo and egg! It strengthened my hair so much that my next relaxer 15 weeks later would not even take!

In the meantime, don't focus on what may happen until you find out what the problem is.

Ms Red

LaRobin, CatSuga & Elaine... thank you.

I have been doing nothing until I see the dermatologist. Although I usually wash my hair 1x week, I have been abstaining from that too, for fear that I might lose more hair.

What I cannot avoid is combing it every day. I use a wide tooth comb and I am VERY gentle with my hair. Nothing has changed... the spot is still bald, not itchy, not red, nothing. I am just praying that the hair will (over time) grow back. LaRobin-- I will take your advice and try those WalMart HAIR! vitamins. CatSuga- Like you said, I've been leaving it alone. It's hard (I want to examine it every 5 seconds but I'm just leaving it). . . Elaine: you're right--when I see the doctor, I will feel a lot better.

Thanks ladies. :)

Ms Red

I just wanted to give an update on my situation.

I didn't go to the dermatologist because we're in the middle of an FDA audit and I couldn't get time off.

So when I went to the hairdresser 2 weeks ago (for a haircut and style), she told me that she can see little hair follicles growing. That made me feel a little better. I had been putting WGO on the spots (there is another smaller spot I found) but she suggested to apply nothing at all. I've been avoiding this area. I've noticed that my scalp is dark in this area and I think this can be attributed to the chemical burns.
I decided to transition before this horrible relaxer incident, so mentally I feel good about it. I don't feel like the mishap "forced" me to go natural.

Oh, and for some reason, the hairs that are slowly sprouting look grey/silver! :eek: This scares me b/c I am in my early 20s! So, I guess only time will tell. I've already scheduled a derm. appt. in June to rule out alopecia (no God, please!!!)

Thanks for all of your help ladies. Any suggestions are welcome.

cc

California

Girl let your head breathe without the stuff on the scalp. Do grey hair run in your family at such a young age?

baglady215

I notice that shed hairs, when I look at them close, are grey at the root. Maybe the color comes in as the hair grows further out of the root???