It cant get any worse. . .IM BALD

Ms Red

:cry: This morning as I was parting my hair applying WGO I noticed that I have a BALD spot near my hairline!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not the size of a dime but close. There is NO HAIR THERE! All I see is white scalp and inside in the spot it is RED! When I comb my hair back, I have enough hair to cover the bald spot but this has to be from chemical damage, right??? :confused:

I posted a few weeks back about my experience with my former cracked out stylist who pulled the relaxer through to my ends (now they are frizzy as I don't know what) and as she was washing the relaxer out the water went ICE COLD. When I got home I shampooed with neutralizing shampoo, but..... I am just crying because I don't know what to do! Im at the end of my rope! If I part my hair on the right (anywhere near the spot) it is VERY obvious!
The last relaxer was 4 weeks ago. Could relaxer still be in? I just washed on Sat...

What do I do now?? Does hair grow back from a bald spot? I had already made the decision to stop relaxing or using heat, but I can't get over this. I don't know if I should kick that girl's A$$ or just leave work and climb in bed depressed. I know that I need about 2 more inches chopped off (my hair is only about 5-6 inches all around) because my ends look damaged, but I was trying to get some new growth before cutting.

PLEASE LHCF LADIES, I NEED ADVICE!!!! TIA, cupcake

Last edited:

Bmm

Awe man Im sorry about that. After the perm that, the foolish stylist gave you did you do anything to reverse the damage? what care have you been applying to your hair? This should allow more people to help you.

Also what products are you using. Your going to be fine!!

Allandra

I'm sorry this happened to you.

By any chance, could it be scalp ringworm?

You could try gentle massaging, applying light oils, and letting it 'air out' when you get in for the evening.

Hair can grow back from a bald spot. Please don't stress over it (yes, easier said than done) because stress isn't good for the hair/body either.

landakaye

Could be ringworm. Go ask your doctor for some Ketoconazole ...thats why I had to use for my son. It is shampoo.

Softresses

Cupcake,

I am sorry this is happening to you. Is the spot itching? It could be a ringworm. I would go to the Dermatologist to be sure that it is not something that may spread. I am not trying to scare you but I know that when it happened to me I was more scared NOT to know what it was. In my case it was an Alopecia, the Derm said that it was probably caused by all the stress I was under. I was given steroid injections all over the spot and my hair grew back superfast. Try not to worry too much but GET THEE TO THINE DERMATOLOGIST!!!:)

LDebagoria

Softresses said:
Cupcake,

I am sorry this is happening to you. Is the spot itching? It could be a ringworm. I would go to the Dermatologist to be sure that it is not something that may spread. I am not trying to scare you but I know that when it happened to me I was more scared NOT to know what it was. In my case it was an Alopecia, the Derm said that it was probably caused by all the stress I was under. I was given steroid injections all over the spot and my hair grew back superfast. Try not to worry too much but GET THEE TO THINE DERMATOLOGIST!!!:)

ITA!!!! All hope is not lost Cupcake! Remember that! Most of us have been through "Hair Hell" and back again!!! Just don't STRESS! My mom started stressin' and her hair began to fall out a LOT!!! So think Zen Moments.

webby

Think Slim
I'm so sorry...how stressed you must feel, but you HAVE TO GET TO A DERMATOLOGIST as everyone has recommended.

A stylist I was going to was accused of giving a patron ringworm with her nasty brushes. I didn't get it and had already decided to do my own hair, because she was terrible, but needless to say, I would have ceased my visits to her salon with that bit of news.

LDebagoria

webby said:
I'm so sorry...how stressed you must feel, but you HAVE TO GET TO A DERMATOLOGIST as everyone has recommended.

A stylist I was going to was accused of giving a patron ringworm with her nasty brushes. I didn't get it and had already decided to do my own hair, because she was terrible, but needless to say, I would have ceased my visits to her salon with that bit of news.

OMG Webby! Thank goodness you didn't get it too! Sick!

Ms Red

Thanks for the advice ladies...

It never occurred to me that this might be ringworm. I will make an appointment with a dermatologist ASAP.

Since getting my last perm I have been washing/conditioning my hair once a week with Cream of Nature Shampoo or Suave Milk and Honey. Conditioning with Nexxus Humectress or Motions CPR. 1 treatment with KerapHix. I have been using WGO every 3 days and Profective healthy ends for the length. When I wear a loose ponytail or bun I protect the ends and seal w/oil.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...? The bald spot does not itch at all. I didn't even know it was there until this morning. Please keep the advice coming....

baglady215

I agree that you should see a dermatologist and also I want to say keep your head up! I have two bald spots from braid damage, but the hair is slowly but surely growing back. ((HUGS)) :)

webby

Think Slim
cupcake said:
Thanks for the advice ladies...

It never occurred to me that this might be ringworm. I will make an appointment with a dermatologist ASAP.

Since getting my last perm I have been washing/conditioning my hair once a week with Cream of Nature Shampoo or Suave Milk and Honey. Conditioning with Nexxus Humectress or Motions CPR. 1 treatment with KerapHix. I have been using WGO every 3 days and Profective healthy ends for the length. When I wear a loose ponytail or bun I protect the ends and seal w/oil.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...? The bald spot does not itch at all. I didn't even know it was there until this morning. Please keep the advice coming....
I recommend that you stop messing with your hair and scalp altogether until you see a doctor. If it's hair-damage, then we can hook a girl up, but you don't want to play around with ringworm.

Keep us posted.

BAILEYSCREAM

cupcake said:
I cant get over this. I have a BALD SPOT!!!!!!!!! :(

Yes well I've had two bald spots before and I didn't even know until I felt the smooth skin when I was oiling my scalp a few years back.:whyme:

It could be ringworm like the others suggested or it could be caused by stress, poor diet.....in fact any number of factors. It could be due to your relaxer. Did you get any scalp burns and scabs that you peeled off?

Mine was due to stress.

However, go and see your doc first......blood test should say whether it's health related. Lightly massage the area at night to stimulate the follicles...in no time at all it will grow back.

In the meantime, you're just going to have to do a good job of hiding it with the rest of your hair, which is what I did.

blkbeauty

I am sorry to hear that. My hair used to do the same thing when I was relaxed and then I became natural and it started to thin in the same area. I found out it was stress and lack of Iron.

Ms Red

Really blkbeauty? I am trying to decide if I want to transition. I forgot to mention that I was 100% natural until 4 yrs. ago. Maybe my hair hates the perm and is rebelling...? :barf:

I am seeing a dermatologist soon and until then, the less manipulation the better, I guess.

Stormy

Oh my goodness cupcake! I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( I've had a bald spot before.... actually a couple of times. I had one near my hairline (tiny, but I could tell some hair was lost) due to a relaxer, and I've had one before due to Alopecia. Both grew back pretty fast. You may be able to use some ORS Temple Balm on the spot. Wait until after you get it checked out first though. I never got mine checked out, but that's because I knew what it was. I knew about Alopecia from a hairstylist, and the chemical thing because I noticed it right after I rinsed the relaxer out.

Don't worry, it will be ok.

locabouthair

I feel your pain because I had 2 bald spots due to overprocessing but they grew back kinda fast. Don't worry it will grow back. It may take a little while but it will. Just make sure you go to the dermatologist. Let us know what happens.

Shoediva

I'm so sorry, I truly understand how you feel. Folks just understand that if our hair aint right we aint right. I experienced balding/thinning about 4 weeks ago. I'm so grateful to have found this site. I didnt now what to do, I wanted to cry. After reading the info from everyone here, I went out and purchased the Surge products and the WGO and have been using these products for about 2 and half weeks and i can see the diff, I have some pics in my online album of the balding. I will take some recent pics to update so i can show the grown.

you have received some great advise about seeing a Dermatologist to rule out any health issue. YOUR HAIR WILL GROW BACK!!! YOU WILL GET THRU THIS!

HTH

Ms Red

Stormy, Locabouthair & ShoeDiva (as well as the LHCF ladies) yall are great. :) You all have really given me some good advice about the health of my hair and how to get through this. The replies in this thread just confirms my decision to join LHCF-- yall are the bomb.

cupcake

California

What it is (your bald spot) I don't know, but sounds like a chemical burn because its red and don't itch! Now what you can do is buy some Sulfer like Glovers Mane, and rub in there over time it will grow back, massage it in often as you can. My friend did that and her hair grew back, it was fine at first, but later it thickened up.

That crazy b**** wasn't doing it right sounds like to me (did the pull through wrong & not properly neutralizing, and no telling what else). You will more than likely have to get it chopped down low (don't trip hair always grow, better to get it done and over with now than deal with messed up hair, no need in hanging on to it), and because she burnt the ends up which will split up into the scalp eventually. This is the very reason I don't like people in my head.

I hope things get better for you soon, I know you are quite upset, but its a lesson learned and hey everything happens for a reason. Look, you could've had your hair to your bra-strap and she/someone did this to your head!!! Girl, I know you would've been on a rampage. Let it slide, she's doped out and you learned a hard lesson, but it will be greater later Babygirl! Its Less than nothing. Starting over ain't so bad, just don't forget the lessons learned from the past.

Ms Red

Cali-- you got that right. I will try the Sulfers (after my appt. with the Dermatologist). I really wanted to go over to that salon and :swearing: but I am just going to do what I can to get my hair back. I am planning on chopping :( This has been a major setback but I know in the end my hair will thank me for it though.

Thanks for all of your advice girl. I will keep yall updated.

PS. You're right- everything DOES happen for a reason. :look:

hottopic

cupcake said:
:cry: This morning as I was parting my hair applying WGO I noticed that I have a BALD spot near my hairline!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not the size of a dime but close. There is NO HAIR THERE! All I see is white scalp and inside in the spot it is RED! When I comb my hair back, I have enough hair to cover the bald spot but this has to be from chemical damage, right??? :confused:

I posted a few weeks back about my experience with my former cracked out stylist who pulled the relaxer through to my ends (now they are frizzy as I don't know what) and as she was washing the relaxer out the water went ICE COLD. When I got home I shampooed with neutralizing shampoo, but..... I am just crying because I don't know what to do! Im at the end of my rope! If I part my hair on the right (anywhere near the spot) it is VERY obvious!
The last relaxer was 4 weeks ago. Could relaxer still be in? I just washed on Sat...

What do I do now?? Does hair grow back from a bald spot? I had already made the decision to stop relaxing or using heat, but I can't get over this. I don't know if I should kick that girl's A$$ or just leave work and climb in bed depressed. I know that I need about 2 more inches chopped off (my hair is only about 5-6 inches all around) because my ends look damaged, but I was trying to get some new growth before cutting.

PLEASE LHCF LADIES, I NEED ADVICE!!!! TIA, cupcake

Cupcake I feel your pain. Really I do, because I have a bald spot in my front hairline as well My bald spot . I just started using MTG on it and so far so good. You can still see it if you go up close, but I know how to cover it up. Plus on my last relaxer I put the cream in the front last and left it for only 5 mins. I am going to let the front get as thick as possible before I let the relaxer sit a little longer. I know in my hair that was the problem before and that is the same thing for back....

Last edited:

Ms Red

Hottopic,
Thanks for the encouragement. I feel weird because your bald spot looks 100 times better than the one I have. My it is about 1 inch from my hairline and when you part the hair, you can see that it is totally bald (like a patch) with no hair growing there. Very smooth and white. It is the size of a penny, maybe a tiny bit bigger.

The LHCF ladies seem to think it may be chemical damage from the relaxer but I am getting it checked out by a dermatologist soon. But my question is, how can my hair grow back when the spot looks so BALD!!! At least I can cover it up if I comb/brush my hair back. :ohwell:

TIA, cupcake.

karezone

Do you see any little pores in the spot?

I had a bald spot also, from invisible braids. It took about 3 months of TLC(profective edge health and nightly massages) before it grew back in.

hottopic

cupcake said:
Hottopic,
Thanks for the encouragement. I feel weird because your bald spot looks 100 times better than the one I have. My it is about 1 inch from my hairline and when you part the hair, you can see that it is totally bald (like a patch) with no hair growing there. Very smooth and white. It is the size of a penny, maybe a tiny bit bigger.

The LHCF ladies seem to think it may be chemical damage from the relaxer but I am getting it checked out by a dermatologist soon. But my question is, how can my hair grow back when the spot looks so BALD!!! At least I can cover it up if I comb/brush my hair back. :ohwell:

TIA, cupcake.

Well Cupcake, the reason why my spot looks a little better is because I started paying more attention to it. I could not understand it either. Before coming to the forum I did not pay that much attention to it, but around December I noticed it. I started using WGO and stopped brushing around that area. I also stopped relaxing around that area...until my last relaxer, when I just left it on for about 5 mins. It is growing back thank God, but before I wanted to cry, because I thought I was going to go bald all over. It still lacking the fullness like the other side...To answer your question...yes it can grow back. If your hair was thinning all over I would be worried (because that is the early stage of woman balding), but since it is just one local area, you can put your mind at ease. Talk the doctor...In addition look at your family history (mother's side of the family), maybe it will help figure out if balding runs in the family. The reason I said mother's side is because mothers are the ones that carry the balding gene.

Softresses

Cupcake, as long as the spot is not a ringworm or something else that needs to heal first, the Dermatologist can give you the steroid shots on the spot to make it grow back. I had two series of shots on mine and if I remember correctly it was completely covered with fine soft hair in about a month.

Good luck
Softresses

Ms Red

Thanks for the advice everyone!! :)

My appt. at the Derm is for next week. Until then I haven't been brushing around the spot. My boyfriend looked at it yesterday and he says that it looks burned a little bit. The spot is basically smooth, no circles, pores (that I can visibly see), no itching or redness.

I'm glad to know that I might be able to get steroid shots in the area. My main concern is that it might keep balding but so far when I comb or brush my hair, there is no noticeable loss, thank God.

I was planning to get my ends professionally trimmed off (they are damaged from that perm) on Sat. but since this has happened, I am not going thru with it until the Doctor's visit.

Thank you all for the encouragement. Any advice helps and prayers are even better. PS- Thanks Karezone for the product suggestion!

~cupcake~

Last edited:
Sounds like ringworm to me!
Until you can get in to see the Dermatologist start using Nizorol(sp??) antifungal shampoo on your hair. The Dr. should do a fungal culture on your scalp and if it is positive for ringworm he/she should prescribe an oral medication for you.
HTH