Is Your Phony Pony Human or Synthetic Hair?

B

ballet_bun

I was just wondering which most of you use? I don't have an actual Phony Pony, but I have hair on a weft that I plan to use for a ponytail for the winter time. I just wrap the weft around the base of my ponytail, and go from there!

Ballet Bun ...

Babygurl

I have one human hair and the rest are synthetic.....the human hair ponies are more expensive and Im cheap!

brickhouse

The Phony Pony I used are the ones with the drawstring and they are synthetic. When I was going to my stylist every week, which was before my pre lhcf days,we would use human hair, the kind you use when you are weaving hair. She would use setting lotion and curl it and put it in the microwave to dry. Sometimes she left it in too long and it would burn up.
She would gel my hair and put it in a pony tail and roll the top so it would match the hair and then she would wound the hair around my ponytail and pin it down. It was very pretty. Sometimes she would not curl it at all and it would hang down like a bob.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Actually...it human HAIR...not an actual human..

[/ QUOTE ]

... Glad you cleared that up ... lol!!!

Ballet Bun ...

LABETT

I have several synthetic drawstring ponytails curly and straight with and without highlights.
I only have 2 human hair ponytails they actually hold up better than the synthetic ones.

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Actually...it human HAIR...not an actual human..

[/ QUOTE ]

... Glad you cleared that up ... lol!!!

Ballet Bun ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is synthetic.

LiqueXX

I have all synthetic drawstring phonytails, my BSS does not have drawstring phonytails using human hair. I wish they did, I think human hair holds up better than synthetic.

B

ballet_bun

Cat_Eyed_Cutie... I love that quote in your signature ...who said that, or did you come up with it!

Ballet Bun ....

Marseeya

I now have at least Eight Synthetic phonytails, I doubled up on my favorite ones, and I wash them with J/A/S/O/N Forest Essence shampoo. that stuff is terrific

karezone

I have a cheapo one that I bought from Wal-mart and one that I bought from Sally's I might get a weft tonight and wear it. I am trying not to breakdown and relax my hair.

Honi

There is no board.
Most are synthetic and I had one human drawstring pony. Those synthetics don’t last long do they? When you first get them they are all flowey, shiny and flippy like. Then it starts to mat all up like my dolls hair did when I was a kid and the hair would just be all stiff, dull and dry looking.
Why can’t they make them so that they last longer???

karezone

I don't know why the hair does that but a stylist told me to put relaxer on it and it would release and be shiny and flowy again.

amy1234

Mine is synthetic, the human hair phony pony's are hard to find. I haven't noticed any tangling but if I do then I will opt to try using steam again...

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Mine are all synthetic. I haven't seen the human hair one. I used to use wefts, but I switched to drawstring this year because it was easier for me to put in.

BLESSED1

karezone said:
I don't know why the hair does that but a stylist told me to put relaxer on it and it would release and be shiny and flowy again.

I thought that would never work until I saw my mom bring a ratty synthetic ponytail back to life by using a kid's relaxer :eek:

I have both synthetic & HH phony ponies, need to throw them out since I don't plan on wearing them ever again