Phony Pony Problem

Calia001

Heyyy everyone! How ya doin? ok im struggling hard with this stretch ( im never waiting 5 months to perm again :wallbash:) so im anticipating new protective styles for my relaxer.
The best phony pony i did was with weave. I wrapped it around and for every other revolution i sewed it to my little pony bun bump. Usually when i use pins there is always 1 that keeps me up and bores holes into my skull and i REFUSE to pay for something as simply as a ponytail. Sewing it in is comfortable, i'm a dancer and it hasn't fallen off/out yet and did i mention its comfortable?

The only issue i have is washing and using a product that will keep it flat without making my hair hard. What do you guys do to cleanse during phony ponies?

Calia001

my real hair. and thanks coco

SOMEBODY?!? i swear i'll go right back to washing my hair every 3 weeks. i need help :(

JJamiah

I hope I am getting your question right, They have a shampoo for synthetic hair at the BS. I personally use regular shampoo- Paul Mitchel Special shampoo or use a cheap clarifying shampoo like V05. I let it dry and it is fine!

As for the pony tail Get the ones with the draw string and you can still put a couple of bobby pins in there to make it tight after you pull the draw string. I have never had an issue!

Calia001

thanks i'll just do that

ETA: i was referring to washing the front of my hair while it was still in the pony because like i say i sew it on. but i'll get the drawstring ones, even though them strings are not reliable

Last edited:

Amerie123

thanks i'll just do that

i think with the type of pony you are talking about, it will be hard to wash your real hair anyways. So, the only thing i can think of is you have 2 options:
-get the drawstring pony (like someone mentioned).. i don't particularly care for those.
-or, you can wear the sewed in pony (as you have done before), and just take it out after a week. :) Then proceed with washing your real hair. Then sew it back in after you've washed the pony as well. HTH

Rapunzel*

when i use to do the sew in ponys i would get it redone every 1-2 weeks there is no way u can wash it without it gettting loose. unless you know someone other than your stylist that can sew it back on until yo return to the shop. but those ponys worked wonders for me. my hair grew really fast

Calia001

Thank you Amazing ( your hair growth is stunning) and Rapunzel ( i wanna be just like you when i grow up). I actually do have a person other than my stylist that sews it in, Me! :) i REFUSE to pay for something a simple as a ponytail, i buy the hair and so it myself. taking i out every 2 weeks is going to be alot of work since i use the entire pack, but i'll try