How to tell texlaxed hair from new growth?

QBOE2001

My best friend wants me to relax her hair. Currently she is texlaxed (she got her first texlax about 4 months ago). My problem is that I can't tell her texlaxed hair from the new growth....is there any foolproof way to tell the difference between the two? She doesn't know how much new growth she has since there is no clear line of demarcation. If any of you guys can help i'd appreciate it. I don't want to overprocess her hair by overlapping especially since she is going to switch from a no lye to a lye based relaxer.

Thanks in advance:grin:

longhairlover

I would stretch a section of her hair and you should be able to see the different textures even if the hair blends well. the curl should be tighter coarser depending on her hair texture.

QBOE2001

Thanks a bunch!!!!! I tried it and it worked even though there was no visible difference looking at it when coiled. I parted a bunch of sections and stretched them and then put clips in so that I knew where to start and stopped. Just applied the relaxer and it worked like a charm.

QBOE2001

i'll try that next time....hopefully she won't want to do a touch up for at least 3 to 4 more months.