Is this new conditioner really 'cone free ladies? Ingredient list inside...

HoneyDew

Hey ladies. Sometimes I feel that my eyes deceive me when I look at some of these ingredient lists. I have been using a wonderful treatment by Loreal and it is so good, that I decided to really seriously analyze the ingredients.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is this truly a 'cone free one:

L'Oreal VIVE Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioning Treatment

Ingredients
Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance

This is th one I have fallen in love with:

2143682.jpg

I noticed that it rinsed very well and my liquid leave in soaked in very well (no dripping). My hair was soft and very moisturized. It also smells very good - my honey even commented about that. If this one is 'cone free, it is definitely a keeper.

No cones from what I can see of.

I was actually researching this conditioner on walgreens. I can tell my hair won't like it so I settled and I won't buy. But anyways, looks like you found a cone-free keeper!

LocksOfLuV said:
No cones from what I can see of.

I was actually researching this conditioner on walgreens. I can tell my hair won't like it so I settled and I won't buy. But anyways, looks like you found a cone-free keeper!

Which ingredients does your hair not like?

Supergirl said:
ooh, I like the packaging! Pretty Pink :yep: (I'm such a girl!)

:sekret: you know that is why I originally got it!! This was my first time really looking to see what was actually in it! :lol:

It looks so cute in my shower caddy, too! :)

HoneyDew said:
Which ingredients does your hair not like?

It's not what it doesn't like, it's that my hair must have a certain cone in order for my to get slip (dimethicone copoyol and others). It likes the most "no no" ingredients too such as mineral oil.:lol:

It just doesn't have enough of my hair's prefered ingredients.

Supergirl said:
ooh, I like the packaging! Pretty Pink :yep: (I'm such a girl!)

That's what drew my eye to it! Then, when I actually read the name, I figured I would try it. Love it. The smell is delish!!!
I just got a new bottle yesterday at WalMart.

I was in the store today and checked out the regular conditioners (not the treatment in the tube) from this line.

The conditioner for curly hair also has no cones:
Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Glycerin, Stearmidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Jojoba Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Red No. 33.

The one for damaged hair and the one for fine hair both have cones.

I am going to try the one for curly hair one day. There is way more in the bottle, except the pearl protien ingredient is WAAAAYY down on the ingredient list, (next to the last). I guess that's good in some cases, but my hair must have some protien because I am chronic over-moisturizer.

LocksOfLuV said:
It's not what it doesn't like, it's that my hair must have a certain cone in order for my to get slip (dimethicone copoyol and others). It likes the most "no no" ingredients too such as mineral oil.:lol:

It just doesn't have enough of my hair's prefered ingredients.

I think that is so wonderful that you know your hair like that. My hair rejects so many conditioners and I have yet to find out what ingredient in it that it rejects or needs. It is like trial in error for me. I thought it was glycerin that my hair hates, but there are many conditioners that contain it that are great for my hair.

I did find out recently, that my hair HATES the Mane N' Tail conditioner that contains Emulsifying Wax. Actually, I found out the hard way. :(

On another hair forum a while back, I saw a post about the conditioner being cone free. I tried it and liked it okay, but not enough to buy it all of the time. I think that particular kind has to be the only Vive that is cone free. I would have never expected it...never even looked at the ingredients if I didn't read that thread.

HD,

Thank you for turning us on to this. I succumbed today and purchased, not 1 but 2 of them. (but it was buy 1 get 1 free haha!) Anyway, I used the treatment, with no shampoo before.

I can definitely say that it detangled unbelievably well. It smells NICE and I liked the consistency of it. I guess it's a slippery conditioner because my shower floor was very slippery, which is not usually the case.

Anyway, I am currently air drying and I'll let you know how my hair feels once it's almost dry. My fingers are crossed.
cross.gif

I really love this conditioner. My hair smelled really good, too.

I got 2, as well - BOGO FREE is great! :D

Sorry it took me so long to get back in here--my DSL has been having issues. :(

Anyway, I'll have to say that I was not really impressed with the conditioner after my hair was dry. My hair did not feel moisturized or soft. It actually felt dry. This is how I test conditioners. I don't want products that just make my hair feel good in the shower and when it's being rinsed. If after using a conditioner and then air drying my hair with no leave-in, my hair feels soft and moisturized then that conditioner is true blue IMO.

The package is still so pretty though :up: Hee Hee :D

Supergirl said:

Anyway, I'll have to say that I was not really impressed with the conditioner after my hair was dry. My hair did not feel moisturized or soft. It actually felt dry. This is how I test conditioners. I don't want products that just make my hair feel good in the shower and when it's being rinsed. If after using a conditioner and then air drying my hair with no leave-in, my hair feels soft and moisturized then that conditioner is true blue IMO.

That is my test, as well. I had that problem OFTEN before I started using Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm. Since I started using that, I rarely feel like I can really tell if the conditioner is "all that" or not. It is kinda cheating really, because I depend on that Butter to pick up the slack for half done conditoner jobs. Before that, I honestly don't think I had conditioners I "really" liked.

I know exactly how you felt after using this. I had this problem with SO MANY conditioners. And for some reason, even the ones that worked a little - STOPPED working after a while - odd. :confused:

Supergirl said:

SG, after my last hardcore protein treatment, I used it and was like :nono:

It did not bring my moisture level back. I ended up having to recondition with Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing to get it right. So the Loreal Vive was not good for that. But it seems to do alright when my moisture levels are even or over.

Back