Optimum Oil Therapy: Dry Hair Healer - Lovely!

pressncurl

Has anyone else tried this?

I signed up for a free sample several weeks ago, and they sent me a full-size. I decided to try it right away on my pressed hair since I have the most trouble with keeping it moisturized. Well, this is my new staple moisturizer! This stuff leaves my hair feeling so soft, and it's not greasy at all. I've been using it for a week so far. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua/Water, paraffinum liquidum/ mineral oil, glycerin, petrolatum, cetearyl alcohol, PEG-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, polysorbate 20, paraffin, dimethicone, dicetyl phosphate, olea europaea/ olive fruit oil, simmondsia chinensis/ jojoba seed oil, cocos nucifera/ coconut oil, persea gratissima/ avocado oil, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolzed wheat protein, sucrose, parfum/frangrance, ceteth-10 phosphate, methylparaben, propylparaben, triethanolamine, disodium EDTA, laureth-23, butylphenyl methylpropional, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, amyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde benzyl, salicylate, limonene, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol.

BTW, the free sample is still available here: http://www.softsheen-carson.com/?c=13&category=44

Last edited:

candibaby

Yeah they sent me a full size jar of it too. I havent tried it because I'm in braids right now, but my mom started using it and she loves the stuff. It does seem to work for her, her hair doesnt look dry like it did before.

MeccaMedinah

pressncurl said:
Has anyone else tried this?

I signed up for a free sample several weeks ago, and they sent me a full-size. I decided to try it right away on my pressed hair since I have the most trouble with keeping it moisturized. Well, this is my new staple moisturizer! This stuff leaves my hair feeling so soft, and it's not greasy at all. I've been using it for a week so far. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua/Water, paraffinum liquidum/ mineral oil, glycerin, petrolatum, cetearyl alcohol, PEG-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, polysorbate 20, paraffin, dimethicone, dicetyl phosphate, olea europaea/ olive fruit oil, simmondsia chinensis/ jojoba seed oil, cocos nucifera/ coconut oil, persea gratissima/ avocado oil, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolzed wheat protein, sucrose, parfum/frangrance, ceteth-10 phosphate, methylparaben, propylparaben, triethanolamine, disodium EDTA, laureth-23, butylphenyl methylpropional, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, amyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde benzyl, salicylate, limonene, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol.

I'm glad that you posted because I just received my jar also, and I was thinking about using it.

Tene

Yeah I got a full jar to and it does work but I got rid of it since it had mineral oil and petrolatum.

I tried it on a few of my twists and it felt good albeit a tad greasy but Ill give it another shot after I wash tomorrow and see..

caress

I got my sample last week and despite the ingredients, it worked wonderfully. It gave me shine and smoothness. It seemed to have a pleasant smell. I have sinus issues so it's harder to tell.

kombov_dymond

My hair hated it. I ended up washing it out. It made my hair greasy and it gave it a dull looking appearance. I gave mine away too. Maybe something else in that line is more suitable for my hair if it's without the bad ingredients.

caress

I forgot to add that it seems to have helped my curls last longer. It was foggy yesterday and still my style lasted. It has lasted for a week so far but I plan on washing it tommorow.

Honi

There is no board.
I got a full sized sample and I tried this on my daughters hair. It smells nice and made her hair shiny but it made her hair kinda greasy. I tried it twice on her and it didn't wow me at all so I gave it away.

Why can't companies just make stuff without all the mineral oil???? I wonder how much of the good stuff they actually put in there.

pressncurl

The interesting thing for me is that it does make my hair feel greasy--at first, but at least for me, it goes away rather quickly (in under 30 minutes). Maybe I just have really fat-loving hair, because my hair is eating this stuff up! LOL

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thanx 4 the hook up. I had 2 samples of the oil . It gave me the most incredible shine. Can't wait 4 the samples2 come in.