Is This In The Normal Breakage Range

snookes

This is from one session of manipulation is this the normal amount daily?

Note this is not shed hair but the small broken hair clumped together

Attachments

• IMG_20160314_162356239.jpg
    IMG_20160314_162356239.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 137

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I don't know if that amount of daily breakage is normal, but it seems like a lot to me.

I think you should try to figure out what is causing it. Do you need a trim? Protein treatment? How are you handling your hair? Why are you manipulating your hair daily?

GGsKin

Looks like a light dusting. What kind of manipulation were you doing? It looks like a lot of breakage for one session, especially if that's happening daily. Is it coming off in your hands? In the comb?

snookes

This is from one session of manipulation is this the normal amount daily?

Note this is not shed hair but the small broken hair clumped together
Thank you for your reply ladies.

Well I don't understand because I did a trim last week and dust regularly. Also I deep condition with protein or moisture depending on what my hair needs at the time. I moisturize my ends daily.

I don't manipulate every day thank god, but 2day I brushed my hair with a paddle brush to put it into a bun. But sometimes I must admit this was only after applying Jane Carter nourish and shine. Maybe that was the reason my hair wasn't damp enough. But I do sometimes get that amount when I use my Magic Star seamless rake comb or maybe less. I guess it's because my hair is not moisturized enough beforehand do you think??

Last edited:

snookes

How much did you trim? The ends could be damaged and it may not have been enough. I'm a big advocate for trimming because it's the only thing that got my hair to start retaining. Does it seem more than normal to you?
Am not sure as this was the first time I did it over the sink to catch the broken hairs. I trim regularly & my ends feel fine & moisturized

ajargon02

This would be a good amount of broken hair, if it were my head. I solely finger detangle and that cuts out the breakage as long as I am gentle. The only time I use my denman or magic rake comb is when my hair is straightened and even then I have to be really careful. I don't straighten often though.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Even with daily moisturizing and light detangling, I get those kinds of "knots" from time to time. Mostly at the back of my head from friction between my hair and clothing. If it happens more and more frequently, you moght want to check other ways of styling around it or rotating hair styles.