Is this a smart way to do my first self dust/trim?

BGT

I just got a relaxer, and I want to trim my uneven ends myself, no more than 1/8-1/4 of an inch. I have my hair rollers, so I amm thinking that when my hair is dry, I can take out one roller and trim the hair from that one roller. And just keep going until all the rollers have been removed and the whole head is trimmed? Has anyone does this? Do you think my hair will come out uneven?

Natural Glow

I've done that before. My hair was already different lengths so I'm not sure if it would come out uneven. I guess if you are sure to take off the exact same amount on each part it will look the same as before just a little shorter

BGT

I've done that before. My hair was already different lengths so I'm not sure if it would come out uneven. I guess if you are sure to take off the exact same amount on each part it will look the same as before just a little shorter

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't have any damage or spit ends, but when I pick up a piece of hair, my ends are uneven. Like, some individual hairs are growing faster than the others. So i just want to even that up. It's not differing by more than 1/4th of an inch. It's just bothering me a bit.

I just don't trust my hairstylist or anyone else to trim my hair. I ask for trims and they seem to cut all of my progress from the relaxer. :perplexed

frizzy

The method is great for trimming, but it depends on how you wear your hair on a daily basis, if this is the best idea for trimming. If you wear your hair curly or bunned this is a great idea.

nymane

I just got a relaxer, and I want to trim my uneven ends myself, no more than 1/8-1/4 of an inch. I have my hair rollers, so I amm thinking that when my hair is dry, I can take out one roller and trim the hair from that one roller. And just keep going until all the rollers have been removed and the whole head is trimmed? Has anyone does this? Do you think my hair will come out uneven?

This is exactly how I dust. I don't take much off the ends so my hair doesn't look more or less even than it was before my dusting...the ends just look and feel better :yep: