Is Natural laxer/ Baka Products safe for children?

Mahalialee4

Could I please have any testimonials re: this product. Is is a safe recommendation for natural haired children? is there any hidden chemical or "freak" in this product. (By "freak", I mean some "Rio" type hidden variable.) I have some little cousins and their mother is flat ironing their hair and one's hair is to the bottom of her bottom. The mom has long hair too, and as a simple way of hair care may switch to chemicals. This mom does not have a computer, so I would like to give her some pros and cons. I saw one at Penn Herbs. http://www.pennherb.com/pennherb/info/scan71.html
If anyone has ever used or know of anyone who has or is using this product, please help me out. I trust you ladies because you are very honest and forthcoming in helping people make choices. I have never tried it because I am uncertain about it, I use henna and haven't a clue what to expect. But I would not like to steer anyone else wrong either. I would like to hear the good, the bad and the UGLY! Bonjour.

LondonDiva

I used to use the bodiphier which is also known as one of these "safe" relaxers. I used this when I was natural before I resorted to using lye relaxer by Affirm and I can honestly say I would never go there again. Over time, not instantly, my hair became drier and drier with this product. Most of it was corrected with the lye relaxer but there are still some parts not many that has the bodiphied look. It seems as if it acted like a mild no lye and once it took it couldn't be straightened again because the pattern had locked.

Furthermore I had to leave the product on for an enormous amount of time before it even made a difference to my hair. The only good thing. NO BURNING AT ALL!