Is it possible to remove semi-permanent color from gray hair?

chajen32

I am 37 years old and am prematurely gray. I have been using semi-permanent color on it for a few years. I have decided that I want to stop and be totally natural. I have not relaxed my hair or dyed it since May. My new growth is gray of course, but the relaxed ends still have color on it. Of course, the relaxed hair that was once gray is what I am talking about because it is still holding onto the color even though it has faded considerably. It is a rusty brown. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the color out other than cutting it off? I have a feeling that that is the only way.

Aerie17

Clairol makes a product called Uncolor. It is available in Sally's. There are several color removers in Sally's. I use the Uncolor to remove excess color from my skin, but it's made to remove color from the hair. You might want to give that a try.

chajen32

Thank you for the response. I actually went to Sally's before I posted that question and got no help at all. I asked someone who worked there and they told me that all they had was products that stripped you hair of color and that it was designed to use right before you color. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Oh well, I guess I could give your suggestion a try. Thanks again.