Is a B complex vitamin a dup for Nioxin?

Seamonster

Hi all,

I was looking into purchasing the nioxin and came across a post with the ingredients. There are a lot of similarities with b complex vitamins. B complex cost half as much, so it might be a great dup for Nioxin. Additionally, I can usually find a b complex on sale. Has anyone noted growth while taking a b complex? I am giving it a shot.

Nioxin Recharging Complex Vitamin Ingredients $25

Serving Size 2 Capsules Daily
Vitamin A 250 IU
Vitamin C 30 mg
vitamin D 200 IU
Vitamin B1 1.5 mg
Vitamin B2 1.7 mg
Niacin 25 mg
Vitamin B6 2 mg
Folic Acid 200 mcg
vitamin B12 6 mcg
Biotin 300 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 25 mg
Zinc 3 mg
Proprietary Blend 245 mg

Hi-Stress B with C $10
90 pills with a suggested two per day
Vitamin C 750 mg
Vitamin B1 50 mg
Vitamin B2 50 mg
Niacin 200 mg
Vitamin B6 50 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 125 mcg
Biotin 150 mcg
Pantothenic acid 200 mg
Calcium 100 mg
Magnesium 100 mg
Chromium 50 mcg
Choline 100 mg
Inositol 100 mg
PABA 50 mg
Passion flower10 mg
Valerian 10 mg

ETA: I get a lot of Vitamin A and D in my multivitamin, so I don't need any more of that. This B complex has more of everything else for half the price.

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
The proprietary blend contains horsetail and saw palmetto plus other stuff which what distinguishes Nioxin. If you want to try your B vitamin and simulate Nioxin, you would need to supplement with the stuff from the proprietary list.

Seamonster

Oh so they have a list of the proprietary ingreidients on the bottle but just keep their blend a secret? Would you mind telling me what the other things are?

ETA: I like horsetail and saw palmetto herbs, depending upon the blend I may rethink it. Taking a whole bunch of individual herbs could get expensive

Last edited:

hothair

Wild yam root, safsaparilla root, Stinging nettle root extract, Oat extract, Pygeum bark, Saw Palmetto, Bladderwrack, Ubiuinone, Tocotrienols, Soy Pytosterol complex

Seamonster

thanks for letting me know. I like all those except soy. Looks like a good mix of DHT blockers.

Ubiuinone is CO Q 10 and that is good for circulation and the heart.
I take this, hope it is making my hair grow faster?

Saw Palmetto is a DHT blocker I have been taking this a long time, it has made my boobs bigger, but I didn't notice my hair growing.

Pygeum Bark is a plant from Africa. Pygeum africanum a herb derived from the bark of the African evergreen,which inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, is widely used in Europe to prevent and treat prostate problems and to prevent and treat male pattern baldness. This is in the saw palmetto pill.

HorseTail Has a high silica content and is know to promote hair and nail growth

Bladderwrack: Kelp corrects a B12 deficiency that can lead to sluggish hair growth. Tea can add shine to hair. good for the thyroid. Seaweed is rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, all of which are needed by hair follicles to maintain healthy growth.

Sarsaparilla root: which contains testosterone, will help hair regrow. Primary ingredient is old fashion root beer.

Wild Yam: Produces the hormone progesterone, helpful in preventing women's menopausal hair loss

Stinging nettle root extract: Stinging Nettle has been used as a hair tonic to stimulate hair growth. The root is a DHT blocker.

Tocotrienols Another name for Vitamin E. This is in my multivitamin

Oat Extract: For mal nutrition induced hair loss. I eat these on occasion

Soy Pytosterol complex: DHT blocker

Those are all great hair growth herbs. I was unaware these were all in the bottle. I am still going to take the b complex because I am already taking a few of these herbs and see what happens. Thanks

Last edited: