Is 99% safe ????

Traycee

I know some women here use Aloe Vera gel instead of hair gel....Well I can't find 100% I could only find 99% ...Should I wait till I can find 100% or is the 99% ok?????

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I found it at Walmart. It's a big clear bottle with blue and red writing and a blue top on it, I forgot the brand. It's by the lotions and body scrubs.

ETA: I don't use it for hair gel though.

Last edited:

Evazhair

You should go to whole foods market and buy Lily of the Desert organic food grade aloe vera gel or aloe vera juice. It is 99.5% pure certified organic aloe vera gel. I use the gel. it has :
carageenan as a thickener,
less than 1% citric acid ( oxidation inhibitor)
and has no water added

IMO food grade is the next best thing next to aloe freshly extracted from the plant.

crazydaze911

I found it at Walmart. It's a big clear bottle with blue and red writing and a blue top on it, I forgot the brand. It's by the lotions and body scrubs.

I use fruit of the earth and i think this is exactly the one ur talking about here. Its 100% and i love it. Lily of the desert seems ok but i never used it - i think the container is alot smaller and more expensive then the fruit of the earth. and fruit of the earth is easy to find at target, cvs, rite aid, etc. I usually mix alittle of this with the Giovanni gel (which gives GREAT hold).

Traycee

Thank you Hairapy........I just got back from Walmart .....It does have a blue top..The brand is called Fruit of the Earth

100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel......Thanks Ladies for all of your responses

Traycee

I use fruit of the earth and i think this is exactly the one ur talking about here. Its 100% and i love it. Lily of the desert seems ok but i never used it - i think the container is alot smaller and more expensive then the fruit of the earth. and fruit of the earth is easy to find at target, cvs, rite aid, etc. I usually mix alittle of this with the Giovanni gel (which gives GREAT hold).

:lachen::lachen:I found it !!!!!

Traycee

One more question and I promise to leave you guys alone...Do you only use it as hair gel...because this white girl at Warlmart said she puts it on her scalp for hair growth...she said she used to have thin hair ????

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Thank you Hairapy........I just got back from Walmart .....It does have a blue top..The brand is called Fruit of the Earth

100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel......Thanks Ladies for all of your responses
Yep, that's the one. You're welcome:yep:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
One more question and I promise to leave you guys alone...Do you only use it as hair gel...because this white girl at Warlmart said she puts it on her scalp for hair growth...she said she used to have thin hair ????
To tell you the truth, I don't use it in my hair. There's a thread in the health section about getting rid of stretch marks. The recipe called for the Aloe Vera Gel.

ETA: I've heard of people using it in their hair, but I haven't watched to see what they were saying about it.

crazydaze911

i use fruit of the earth strickly as a gel, not for growth. but i do use liquid aloe (from the vitamin shoppe - i think its the aubreys brand - green and while bottle) in a spray bottle mixed with water and infusium to wet my hairline when i want a slicked back looked (underneath the aloe gel) or on my scalp in a bottle with an applicator tip if i feel my scalp is dry.

Lady Esquire

When you get a chance, Hairapy, can you please post the brand? I went to WalMart a few times searching for it and I have been unable to find it. Thanks.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
When you get a chance, Hairapy, can you please post the brand? I went to WalMart a few times searching for it and I have been unable to find it. Thanks.
Yep, the brand is Fruit of the Earth. It's a big clear bottle with a blue top and read and blue writing on it. It's in walmart in the lotion section I found it right by the body lotions.

drasgrl

I use it to moisturize my ends especially. Once in a while I will use it as a setting lotion my roller sets (flexi rods). I use the FOTE from Walmart.

Lady Esquire

Yep, the brand is Fruit of the Earth. It's a big clear bottle with a blue top and read and blue writing on it. It's in walmart in the lotion section I found it right by the body lotions.

Thanks. That is the brand I went looking for multiple times a few mths ago at WalMart and Walgreens, after reading other threads where it was highly recommended. I do not recall if I went to the lotion aisle, but I will definitely go back again.

AsTheCurlzTurns

^^^^^I'm the same way, but I know I didn't look near the lotions at all, I was looking in the hair care section instead. I know now to look in that direction next time I go to WalMart. Thanks ladies!