Aloe Vera Gel: Is it safer to use on Dry hair?

seraphim712

I just went to Whole Foods and purchased Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly.

I will use this for my face mainly, but I would like to know if it's safe to use on dry hair? I am currently air drying my hair and I believe that it's completely dry on the top save the two pigtails. Will it be okay to the gelly on my hair or sould I spritz some water on it first and then apply the gel?

indigodiva

Hmm.. If I remember correctly, it worked like a gel...I don't think it was all the great for me b/c I haven't used it on my hair again..i think it made my curls hard like I used gel.

jayjaycurlz

Funny you should ask this. I just put some Aloe Vera Gel from Lily of the Desert on my dry hair. I'd like to know if I made a boo-boo. Anyone know if this okay? Will I regret this in the morning?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Yes, it's fine to use this on dry hair. I used to use it all the time. It's works like a gel but not as drying.

seraphim712

Yes, it's fine to use this on dry hair. I used to use it all the time. It's works like a gel but not as drying.

That's nice to hear. I will get another tube for my hair since the one I purchased is for my face. I will try to mix it with a moisturizing lotion so that my hair won't feel so stiff.

By the way Pokahontas, I really like you hair. Is it a wash n' go? That 's how I would like my hair to be once it gets long enough.

The Girl

yayy I found a tube while packing and wanted to use it but thought I should wait...now I have a readon to use up another product instead of tossing it

kiesha8185

I have a question...I saw aloe vera gel in Target and was wondering if any aloe vera gel is ok to use on your face/hair? Does it have to be from like an organic grocer or must it be 100% natural? By the way, it was in the sunblock/sunscreen section and the bottle said it was to help soothe sin after sunburn. It was a green gel, but I didn't buy it cuz I didn't know if it's good to use. Anyone know?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
That's nice to hear. I will get another tube for my hair since the one I purchased is for my face. I will try to mix it with a moisturizing lotion so that my hair won't feel so stiff.

By the way Pokahontas, I really like you hair. Is it a wash n' go? That 's how I would like my hair to be once it gets long enough.

Thanks hon. Yes, it's a wash n'go.

kiesha......that is the right kind. I got mine from Wal-Mart in the sun care section as well. It's called Fruit of The Earth. I used it in place of hair gel. I've heard a lot of naturals rave about adding glycerin to it but I never got around to trying it. I think it would work out good.