Suggestion Iphone App

kaykaybobay

Not sure if this has been suggested before but a LHCF iphone app would be awesome! Just another way to access the forum for those on the go.

I use tapatalk & I love it..
Plus you can add multiple boards for other sites as well, if they support it.

We are already in the process of submitting the LHCF app for both markets Android and iPhone. It will let you know once they are available.

I'm new to the iPhone...just got mine Sunday! So, I'm wondering what an app will do that we can't already do? TIA!

I'm new to the iPhone...just got mine Sunday! So, I'm wondering what an app will do that we can't already do? TIA!

You can access the forum now via your browser. Although it is roughly the same experience, some features are difficult to access (i.e. private messages etc.) The application makes it a bit easier for you to access the forum and the content.

We have uploaded the application last week so I guess it won't take that much longer....

What app are you installing? Cause in another board i visit, the admin installed Tapatalk yesterday in no time, no permission from apple requiered whatsoever.

In the other hand i read a lady saying she was posting from tapatalk and im almost crazy tfying to find the board there. Do you have tapatalk activated?

Thanks for creating and submitting the iPhone app, Nikos!

I almost exclusively browse a few forums I like on the iPhone and this particular one does have at least a couple issues I remember now. One is that on the new(?) forum the icons for last post or first unread post were too small, I'd have to zoom in first just to be able to tap them because I'd either end up tapping something beside them or it'd just not respond at all. The second issue I remember is the forum jump at the base of the screen. The new(?) forum did not fully support Apple's scroll / Rolodex style of listing selection items and therefore I'd get a clipped list of forums. I grabbed a snapshot on my iPhone but never really did anything with it like post an issue (sorry).

Anyway, glad the app is coming out and thanks again!

What app are you installing? Cause in another board i visit, the admin installed Tapatalk yesterday in no time, no permission from apple requiered whatsoever.

In the other hand i read a lady saying she was posting from tapatalk and im almost crazy tfying to find the board there. Do you have tapatalk activated?

It is our own application LHCF. The Android one is already operational. The iPhone one still is under review. I wasn't expecting that much of a delay to get it approved :(

Thanks for creating and submitting the iPhone app, Nikos!

I almost exclusively browse a few forums I like on the iPhone and this particular one does have at least a couple issues I remember now. One is that on the new(?) forum the icons for last post or first unread post were too small, I'd have to zoom in first just to be able to tap them because I'd either end up tapping something beside them or it'd just not respond at all. The second issue I remember is the forum jump at the base of the screen. The new(?) forum did not fully support Apple's scroll / Rolodex style of listing selection items and therefore I'd get a clipped list of forums. I grabbed a snapshot on my iPhone but never really did anything with it like post an issue (sorry).

Anyway, glad the app is coming out and thanks again!

I am not sure if these will be issues with the app - since I don't have an iPhone. If they are please let me know and I will get the developers to sort it out.

I am hoping the new app will hit the app store this week.

I can't find the forum on Tapatalk either :perplexed:perplexed

We are not listed on Tapatalk's network. We use our own applications for the access.

Up until last night the application was still under review....

I know right - come on Apple!

Lol. I've been wondering - did they ask if your app contains adult content? I just updated an app that allows access to some forums and it gave me the must be over 17 warning when I went to update it. If people have adult restrictions on their phones either for themselves or their kids, those kind of apps won't be allowed to download. I know we have forum rules but I've actually mostly been reading H&F forum and old posts and let me just say *ahem* people sure do get creative with their posts or if they blatantly break the rules mostly the threads are just locked, not deleted.

Lol. I've been wondering - did they ask if your app contains adult content? I just updated an app that allows access to some forums and it gave me the must be over 17 warning when I went to update it. If people have adult restrictions on their phones either for themselves or their kids, those kind of apps won't be allowed to download. I know we have forum rules but I've actually mostly been reading H&F forum and old posts and let me just say *ahem* people sure do get creative with their posts or if they blatantly break the rules mostly the threads are just locked, not deleted.
You cannot imagine how difficult the process is. Yes they did ask and I just wrote that it does not contain adult content but... I hear what you are saying with the creative content. Oh I was looking at a guys crayon, and what do you do about coloring... etc. Creativity is funny at times but can get people banned.

As far as I know (and I know I am wrong sometimes) most of the adult like content is removed. Residual topics might exist so if anyone sees anything please let us know :)

I was using it...it started freezing tapatalk maybe a week ago. I uninstalled tapatalk and now can't find the forum in the directory so its been removed.

That is because the server side scripts changed and are not compatible with your version. It is best to use the LHCF application or just the web from your phone.

Now if only Apple can hurry up....

Back