INTENSE itchy scalp... what to do/ what caused it?

beana

I recently added EPO to my modest "vitamin regimen". I take 3-4,000mgs of MSM daily, drink LOTS of water and drink 3 oz's of carrot juice every other day. i've been taking between 1000 and 1500 mg of EPO per day for the past 5 days and my scalp has been on FIRE since!!! I dont know whether to attribute it solely to the EPO because i have a family history of excema and this NYC muggy weather makes my skin and scalp crawl. I'm scratching so hard im ripping my hair out from the root!

My co-worker (very nice and knowledgeable, but country to death, lol) says my hair is growing. could this be the pain associated with a sudden growth spurt or should i go to the derm ASAP to find out whats happening with my scalp?

amy1234

I've had this problem myself. A light bulb recently went of in my head and told me to finally try a dandruff shampoo! (ding!) . So I purchased some dudley's dandruff shampoo and my problem has since been resolved.

beana

*Dee* said:
I've had this problem myself. A light bulb recently went of in my head and told me to finally try a dandruff shampoo! (ding!) . So I purchased some dudley's dandruff shampoo and my problem has since been resolved.

Good idea Dee, the only things is, there's no dandruff! I do know for a fact that i have a excema patch at the front of my hair near the hairline and that flakes horribly. I had my aunt examiine the rest of my scalp and she said there is no flaking. i'm going to try a dandruff shampoo out in the meantime though, thanks!

ClassicChic

Whenmy hair itches like crazy, I use Neutrogena Stubborn Itch Control Shampoo. One of the best products, IMO.

aileenadq

The only thing that has helped me has been Jane Carter Solutions Scalp oil- the one you leave in. I use a minute amount after I do my Domenican blowout, just before I wrap it.

They also have a sclap oil that you use as a pre-poo that I have not tried yet. (I plan to next month)

Shine-On

My scalp doesn't like to be blowdried.

I find most dandruff shampoo drying. Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Conditioner works for me (moisturizing + tingle city).

Mizani_Mrs

The only time my scalp was on fire was when i was faithfully taking flaxseed and then I stopped using it. Those few days my scalp was on fire i guess cause it was used to the extra lubrication. So have you stopped taking any vites?