instructions and pics of how to do tree braids?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
there is an african girl here who offered to ask her friend if she could do some tree braids for me at a cheap price. well tree braids does not quite translate into French....lol. i have pics of when i had them, but it is hard to describe how the lady did them.....does anyone know of a website with detailed instructions but more importantly...PICTURES of how the tree braids aka lace braids are done?? right now I am in france and the africans dont speak much english but are usually very friendly----its just hard to describe and i want to make sure i get what i want :|

Nonie

I'm racking my brains for the member on this forum who's a guru on tree braids. If I remember correctly, she posted pictures and explained. But I can't remember her name for the life of me.

Anyhoo... DontSpeakDefeat is an excellent teacher when it comes to breaking down hair styles for you. How about asking her if she knows how to do them? I wouldn't be surprised if she whipped out photos to illustrate and support her explanation. She's sth else that DSD!

(Psst... DSD, sorry to put so much pressure on you, but I can't help it if I think you're da bomb. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

Nonie

I decided to stop being lazy and do a search for tree braids on the forum. I found a thread where Sassygirl explains a little from what she has seen in a video and this is it. And then I think I found the guru I was talking about: SweetNic! Her pics aren't showing up in her thread but she shares her success in doing tree braids in this thread so drop her a line and see if she can explain. I also found a thread where someone thanks DSD for her instructions on tree braids in this thread, either because she got a PM from her, or maybe DSD explained the technique when she shared her own experience of wearing them in this thread (I didn't read through to find out /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

If none of those threads hold the answer you're looking for, I say ask Sassy about the video and let your stylist watch it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PittGirl06

the links did not work when i tried to open them...been havng trouble posting replies lately to...will just have to PM the folks u mentioned...thanks!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks Nonie! You are my Girl!!

Thanks Carrie!!

Immo try to put something together in the next couple of days. I'll just be experimenting though so don't hold your breath!! lol

PittGirl06

ok...thanks a bunch! I am so broke right now I told the girl who is asking her friend...to tell her that i wont be getting it done til January! The more i think of it, th emore it looks liek the last weekend in January but I am hoping the first or second saturday (IF the girl agrees to do it for a cheap price). /images/graemlins/smile.gif