Ingredients in Herbal Essence Conditioner - Part 2

Zeal

Part 2
Ingredients in Herbal Essence Conditioner

4. No Flakin' Away

No Flakin Away was created to bring relief to those who suffer from dry, itchy scalps and dandruff. However, there is no conditioner to compliment this shampoo.

5. Break's Over

Break's Over was created to provide strength and reinforcement to dry and damaged hair.
Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, cetyl alcohol, behenamidopropyl dimethylamine, dimethicone, cocos nucifera (coconut) milk, mangifera indica (mango) fruit extract, pearl powder, fragrance, glutamic acid, benzyl alcohol, edta, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, ext violet 2.
Ext Violet 2: Also known as Ext D&C Violet 2 is a known cause of tumors and serious skin rashes on lab rats. Prolonged exposure to the chemical has cause depression, convulsions, coma and death. It is also a suspect in causing Leukemia. Even inhaling the vapors can cause absorption into the skin.
Dangerous Ingredients: Stearyl alcohol, Glutamic acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Edta, Citric acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext violet 2.

Be Informed! Be Beautiful!

These conditioners definitely are the perfect compliment to the shampoos, but not in a good way! Some of these ingredients are definitely not herbal or natural and are better left out then in our hair and in our bodies.

We want beauty but not at the price of our health. So, let's all take a stand against these harsh chemicals and throw them out of our showers and into the trash where they belong! We deserve better to be beautiful and healthy! Let's take care of our bodies even if it means that we should splurge on slightly more expensive products!
Be Informed! Be Beautiful

LaFemmeNaturelle

Nice info but I'm very selective of who I choose to believe depending on the type of experiments done and the methods done. Doing experiments on rats using these ingredients in moderate to high dosages doesn't seem to apply to me much when those dosages are most likely much higher than what we encounter when washing our hair. I would need to see peer-reviewed literature, not to mention, some of their info didn't make much sense ( the info about the cones and other conditioners not being able to repair the strand). Citric acid? Come on now, that's an organic acid and we eat it and it is also used in natural hair products :rolleyes: These conditioners are not meant for our scalps anyway and they haven't done any noticeble harm to my hair. So, I'll continue to use these products on my hair :yep:

But thanks for posting! I'm sure others may find it helpful!

Last edited:

AlliCat

The source (hubpages I believe?) looks like a blog that could be written by anyone. I need to see scientific evidence before I throw out my conditioners especially since most of them contain the "dangerous ingredient" citric acid :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for posting this though. I'm sure it will help people and/or possibly deter them from purchasing these products if they are indeed harmful :yep:

MsBoinglicious

*looks this post up and down*

Uhhh I ain't getting rid of my HE Hello Hydration! :nono: That's my #1 deep conditioner right now! lol

Compared to the other things some ladies use (MTG, Yeast Creams, Megatek, Relaxers and even BKT) I think I am safe on the HE Hello Hydration use!

But thanks for posting!

Zeal

*looks this post up and down*

Uhhh I ain't getting rid of my HE Hello Hydration! :nono: That's my #1 deep conditioner right now! lol

Compared to the other things some ladies use (MTG, Yeast Creams, Megatek, Relaxers and even BKT) I think I am safe on the HE Hello Hydration use!

But thanks for posting!

LOL! I am nt getting rid of my - Breaks's Over or Totally Twisted. I heard that Hello Hydration is comparableto Moisture Maniac. Is that true? I just started using Mositure maniac and it is the bomb.

washize

I Love Hello Hydration! It is the best conditioner that has ever happened to me lol. It smells amazing and leaves my hair like silk. There is no other, and we shall never part, unless they change the ingredients.