BREAK'S OVER by HERBAL ESSENCE?

LadyZ

Anyone use this stuff? I bought it today and will use it on Sunday and report back...
=======================

The leave-in has these ingredients:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera Milk (Coconut), Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract (Mango), Pearl Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Quaternium 18, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG 2M, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleyl Alcohol, EDTA, Citric Acid

===========================================

The conditioner has these ingredients:

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Cocos Nucifera Milk Coconut , Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract Mango , Pearl Powder , Fragrance , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Citric Acid , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Ext Violet 2

Any hair pros see any ad ingredients?
Any info and input welcome...

TIA

gymfreak336

No I haven't used the shampoo or conditioner but I do use the breaks over leave in cream for rollersets and I love it. I imagine the poo and conditioner would be good too.

LadyZ

Thanks ladies,

I am willing to try anything, I can't seem to get my breakage under control, so it sounded like a decent product to try...
Gymfreak336, I can always count on you for answers... I love you:blush: for that...
Thanks for always being there...
I hope to get some good results from it... It does have some cones, but I know to clarify and use a moisturizing poo to combat that...

I hope to report back with some positive views:yep:

gymfreak336

Thanks ladies,

I am willing to try anything, I can't seem to get my breakage under control, so it sounded like a decent product to try...
Gymfreak336, I can always count on you for answers... I love you:blush: for that...
Thanks for always being there...
I hope to get some good results from it... It does have some cones, but I know to clarify and use a moisturizing poo to combat that...

I hope to report back with some positive views:yep:

No problem homie. Let me know how it works for you...You are still having breakage issues? I gotta run to work but we will talk about that later.

Leslie_C

Ladyz,
u are still having issues with breakage? What have u tried so far to combat it? Ive never tried the HE breaks over products.

LadyZ

Ladyz,
u are still having issues with breakage? What have u tried so far to combat it? Ive never tried the HE breaks over products.

=========

I am still fighting it...

I have tried garlic for the shedding... it slowed it down... good there...

For the breakage I have done:

Motions CPR
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
Overnight Motion's Moisture Plus treatment
Moisture treatments
Mild protein treatments
Oil Rinses

Using a very light hand with leave-ins: NTM, B&S Caribbean, Rusk Smoother's

My hair is fine while wet and roller sting, hardly any long hairs lost(10 at the most) and a few broken hairs(5 or 6)...
After my hair is dry and I start removing my rollers is when I start seeing the little broken hairs, and at that point, I don't dare try and comb, little short hairs everywhere... even when I moisturize and seal and try to finger comb, same thing...

Combing is impossible without hitting a tangle each time... so I don't try anymore...

When wet, my strand test does not stretch.. pops quickly...
dry strand test is about the same...
I don't use s lot of protein products, only started using them when the breakage started... Prior to that I was mainly using moisture products...
I wash/ deep condition every 5 days...
I wear my hair in buns sometimes, sometimes wear it down, do not use heat, except to dry roller sets...
Just had a physical, drink plenty of water, take vit's., exercise, get good rest...
I am puzzled about what to do ....

I do keep a hair journal since starting my hair journey in 2005... and the only thing I think might be giving me problems is the Motion's Moisture plus, which I started using about 6 months ago... Prior to that I always used Optimum Stay Strong conditioner for my deep conditoning... and I never had a problem... other than that my regimen is pretty much the same, same products... So I will not be using it anymore and see what happens...

I will do a light dusting tomorrow, even though my ends look really good... might be something I can't see...

Sunday or Saturday I plan to clarify and try the HE Break's over, and see what happens...

I also have the Fermodyl(sp) to try at another wash time and then I will use the Hask, at another wash time, as a last result, even though it is tabo... It helped me years ago...

After trying these, I will throw in the towel... just wash/deep condition, and keep it moisturized bun it, or one large big braid in the back... and hope and pray for a miracle:lachen:

BillsBackerz67

I think all of them are all the same product in essence. I really didnt notice a huge difference between any of (ie totally twisted, hello hydration etc) them except the smell.

Artemis

I have the leave-in cream. I like it a lot; it does help with any breakage issues, big or small. I didn't even think to try it on wet hair for rollersetting (Gym is a genius :grin:). So I'll have to try it that way.

gymfreak336

I have the leave-in cream. I like it a lot; it does help with any breakage issues, big or small. I didn't even think to try it on wet hair for rollersetting (Gym is a genius :grin:). So I'll have to try it that way.

Try it...it works really well. When I use it for rollersetting, I use it for my daily moisturizer too until the next wash.

gymfreak336

I think all of them are all the same product in essence. I really didnt notice a huge difference between any of (ie totally twisted, hello hydration etc) them except the smell.

I did notice that the hello hydration has the same formula as Pantenes Ice shine conditioner.