Infusium 23

Soquin

My mom is telling me to try Infusium 23 because it works on my cousins hair. I told her I want to try other products because I need more protein in my hair. Right now my cousin has natural hair and uses their shampoo, conditioner reconstruct, and leave in. Has anyone tried these products?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I haven't tried the reconstruct conditioner, but I have tried the one with the blue on it (moisture something...eh) and I reeeeeeeeally love the way it smells and it made my hair soft. It wasn't the most amazing conditioner ever, but if I were still using cones I would definitely buy it again. I have the leave in for the reconstruct but I'm finding that my hair doesn't like liquid/watery leave ins. They always make my hair tangle. But other than that I'd say go for it!

Have you tried any of Ion's deep conditioning treatments? Their protein treatments are really nice and you can just buy the little packets at Sally's for a couple of dollars.

Nonie

Soquin, I use shampoo and reconstructor every week. I never use pure protein, just reconstructors.

Infusium 23 was used by a lot of people following a braiding regimen called the Crown and Glory. I also would recommend using it if you find nightly baggying makes your hair mushy--which means you need some protein.

I think if you're using Infusium 23, you may not need to use a reconstructor often because it provides protein...and is very watery which might mean it penetrates strands easily. I think wearing a plastic cap for the night would be a good idea.

A lot of people avoid SLS (sodium laureth/lauryl sulphate) shampoos because they find them drying. If you're one of those or just concerned about using any "unsafe" products, I recommend Giovanni line shampoos or Trader Joe's line of shampoos. I find them not to be drying at all.

A reconstructor in my opinion is safer to use than pure protein because it has moisture in it and saves you having to worry about protein overload.