Indian Hemp

Mahalialee4

Has anyone ever used this herb in an oil base or lotion as a "hair grower" and what were your results? I do not mean in a grease product, but full strength infused oil? The other name is Jaborandi. I am thinking that some of the West Indian ladiies may have heard about this from their grandmammas of moms. Thank you for the reply. Bonjour

joyous

I've never used this as an oil, only as an tea. I would steep this along with sage, comfrey and nettle, and I got great results. I would leave this mixture on my hair for hours. My hair was strong, thriving, healthy and full of body. The problem is I can no longer find Indian Hemp anywhere.

Mahalialee4

Okay, okay (excited now),,,Do they call it by any other names...like rachet plant or whatever? I want to get some of that> Up here and on the net in some places they call hemp maryj. LOLOL) but I know there are different kinds of hemp. If I were to ask someone in the Islands, what would I be asking for??????Or I could just order some from Penn Herbs.com (Jaborandi) Bonjour.

joyous

Yes, they call it Jaborandi. I use to make a really strong infusion with this. Like 4 parts Indian Hemp, 2 parts nettle and comfrey, 1 part sage. I would let this steep for for a couple of hours and leave overnight. Not only did it provide good results as far as growth and the overall health of my hair, but I always suffered with tender scalp. When I used this infusion I no longer had that problem. I didn't realize Penn Herbs had this.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I just bought "All Ways Indian Hemp" grease over the weekend. So far so good.:love: It smells dreamy. But the grease is really good. It works for me. :yep:

foxybrownsugar

joyous said:
I've never used this as an oil, only as an tea. I would steep this along with sage, comfrey and nettle, and I got great results. I would leave this mixture on my hair for hours. My hair was strong, thriving, healthy and full of body. The problem is I can no longer find Indian Hemp anywhere.
YOU CAN FIND ORGANIC HEMP SEED OIL AT THE VITAMIN SHOPPE ONLINE. THE BRAND NAME IS CALLED NUTIVA. HTH

foxybrownsugar

you can find organic hempseed oil at the vitamin shoppe online. The brand name is nutiva. They also have milled hemp seeds like flaxseeds they contain essential fatty acids or omega 3. hth

Dolapo

sugaplum said:
I just bought "All Ways Indian Hemp" grease over the weekend. So far so good.:love: It smells dreamy. But the grease is really good. It works for me. :yep:
ive been using this sinc ei was very little. and i just stopped using it when i got on the hair boards. im sure its one of the things that helped my hair grow. i might go back to it someday. and yeah i know alot of hair growth and health products that have indian hemp in them

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Dolapo said:
ive been using this sinc ei was very little. and i just stopped using it when i got on the hair boards. im sure its one of the things that helped my hair grow. i might go back to it someday. and yeah i know alot of hair growth and health products that have indian hemp in them

Hey Dolapo, :wave:

This has given me great results. :up: What other products do you know that has indian hemp in it? Give up the goods girl. :sekret:

ekomba

joyous said:

Wow that's interesting you say that you use these herbs. hum very interesting it made me look into my African Holistic Health book cause it talks about something similar with them herbs too wowww it says among plenty things:

comfrey is an emollient (herb of an oily or slimy nature)

it also call herbs like indian hemp antipyretics meaning:
these herbs are used to reduce body temperature (example:fever). They work by slowing down blood circulation and opening the pores in tissue and skin which allows heat to escape. This also causes water and toxic waste to escape in the form of perspiration. These herbs can be used in baths (hot or cold), wet packs (saturated flannel cloth with herbs and cover cloth with plastic and place on body) or they can be drunk as teas. The herbs are: Eucalyptus, Wild Indigo, Indian Hemp, Feverfew

for a hair rinse:use 4 tablespoons of nettle,sage, rosemary and hyssop. make into a tea, add to rinse water.

For hair oil
: crush pine needles(leaves),put in 2 pints olive oil. let soak one 1week then strain and use or 1 ounce sage oil, 2ounces aloe oil,1pint of sesame,sunflower, almond or a light oil. add lavender and jasmine, etc for fragrance.

For falling hair (balding): boil wild cherry bark for 10mns.remove from heat,add nettle and horsetail and drink. herbs to drink:dried dates,nettle,shave grass,horsetail. vitamins: b6,b complex,C,E,F,Biotin,inositol,niacin,choline,PABA,iron,silicon,sulfur. Amino acid:cysteine

for natural hair relaxer (straightener): simmer Henna neutral, 2 pints of sesame oil,10 ounces Sage oil and add 2 ounces Beeswax. add 1/4 ounce tincture Benzoin, 4drops citronella oil and bergamot oil. remove from heat.pour into glass container and use

Gray hair: boil 8tbsp Henna and 1 ounce of Sage in 1 quart of water. let cool and rinse hair. apply 1 ounce of Sage oil mixed with 2 pint of almond oil. food:brewer's yeast, wheat germ. vitamins:b complex, pantothenic acid,PABA,Silicon, Folic acid,Zinc, Calcium,Magnesium,Selenium. Amino Acids: Cysteine

wow i learn everyday ;)

Last edited:
Mahalialee4 said:
Has anyone ever used this herb in an oil base or lotion as a "hair grower" and what were your results? I do not mean in a grease product, but full strength infused oil? The other name is Jaborandi. I am thinking that some of the West Indian ladiies may have heard about this from their grandmammas of moms. Thank you for the reply. Bonjour

Is the grease form bad? Or is it better to just use the oil form?