In Need of Inspiration [PHOTO REQUEST]

Victorian

old head
4a here -- I transitioned for 18 months. For the first 9 months or so of the transition I was con-washing and wearing buns/protective styles. At that point the difference between the textures was a bit much, so for the last 9 months I blowdried once a week to blend it better and continued wearing mostly buns and ponies. I wore it out every once in a while, but mostly PS just because it was easier.

Pics below are from Jan. 2005, about 2 months before I chopped. You can see there was a huge difference between the bone straight relaxed hair and natural hair when wet (click to see larger):
Hair - 079.jpg

Hair - 088.jpg

I chopped in March of 2005, at 18 months post relaxer:

Hair - 096.jpg

Hair - 099.jpg

davisbr88

^^Fabulous! The crown and very front of my hair looks just like that! What do you do to make sure your hair is really moisturized?

Victorian

old head
At the time when I was transitioning and during my early natural days, I was a big fan of Giovanni Direct leave-in. I applied it to damp hair after washing and it helped keep my hair moisturized but wasn't too heavy.
I also like jojoba or coconut oil on damp hair when I'm wearing my hair curly. They are light but good for sealing in moisture.

dafnie

BUMP BUMP BUMP and BUMP again. 4a here who will begin transitioning next year.... i wanna do 1.5 or 2 yrs of transitioning. Keep 'em coming!