IM SO UNMOTIVATED NOW!bad mood

coolsista-paris

i was feeling a week ago happy of my "improvement" if i can call it like that. telling myslef ok go girl your gonna get more growth,more thickness...i've just updated my fotki to find out that in a year ive gone almost NOWHERE!

just makes me feel like giving up ,although im not the type of person that gives up. But i feel like i've waisted time! ok the back of the hair has grown, but in general i feel like ive really gone nowhere and im mad about it!

now im just here thinking "where did i go wrong"? we learn from mistakes but the moral is DOWN!

ive just started using a product moisturiser (for the moment sulfur 8 braid spray) and it damn moisturizes my hair so well) better that my home made mix. so im saying "why the hell did i stick to MY mix" look now!!!

i don't know if you understand,getting from soooo motivated to just....nothing and feeling bad! and mad!

like,stupid hair just grow!!!! ive stayed away from heat,kept good stuff,combed correctly.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm sorry you feel this way! Maybe if you post your exact reggie and any changes you've made in the past year, we could help you out!

ETA: I just checked out your fotki and your hair looks beautiful! Have you noticed alot of breakage and did you track your growth rate before you BC'd?

Last edited:

silenttullip

Yep we all get that way sometimes. As for the sulfur8 I use to use it but it made my hair more sticky and coated than moisturized. Don't spend the time asking yourself why you didn't think of the good reasons why you did. Your mix was more natural most likely and you wanted to experiment, it didn't work and now you've found something that does, it takes a mistake to point us to a solution sometimes

coolsista-paris

the only thing ive changed is doing more protective styles(maybe that helped get the back longer) and i never where it down).
i co wash 1 a week.dc once or every 2 weeks with my mix (depending on what i got, avocado,yogurt,oils,etc...). then i leave in some condit after rincing.
after this i directly do 4 big conrows to air dry. then as it is stretched i do twists.

the bad thing i did at a time is taking out twists wrong= braking them at the end cause of stupid knots! i should have sprayed moisture mix onto then before that!
thats it,i eat healthily....so whats on? can i cry????

cocomama

Hey Lady,

I know exactly how you feel,because I used to/and sometime still feel that way. Just lurk around the forum and continue to do the best haircare techniques possible. Soon you will see a difference trust me!

Keep Your Head Up!

coolsista-paris

thanks for cheering me up. i think im gonna stop thinking about growth or getting anywhere around apl......

to answer your questions:

-silly as i am i never measured my growth rate before bc.i notices a lot of hair in the house on the floor when i kept wearing my afro out,and touching my hair all the time.so i started protective styling to stop touching it.

-sulfur 8 spray keeps my moisture so well but im gonna try other sprays after cause it does feel sticky.maybe then i should start co washing more?

-i do'nt know about mysleft being anemic but at a moment in my like i used to faint just like that. dr gave me magnesium.maybe i gotta take some vitamins!
maybe i should do my personal vitamins challenge. im just too scared to take many at the same time. i wanted to try msm or biotin(more msm though)+vitamin c +b . will it be dangerous to add magnesium or iron?

Curly Luul

We all feel like that, about our hair and even life sometimes; so don't be so hard on your self :bouncegre. Life is about trial, error and experience, your hair looks healthy and lovely too me and it will grow longer as time goes on. Are you stressed or have you been stressing? Sometimes when I’m stressed out my hair just stops growing in fact it starts breaking, Stress plays a big on our hair and overall health. Do you drink a lot of water?

Or maybe you might need to try new products or a new regime?

Please don’t give up, you will see the results you want to see soon but you have to keep motivated too see the fantastic outcome. We are here for you:flowers:

X

Austro-Afrikana

When you moisturise, have you been sealing with a heavy oil? I'm sure you have been getting growth but it must be your ends that is the problem. For 6 months up to about 2 months ago I was stuck in the same place but as i am transitioning it was easy to see that I had less relaxed ends than I used to. I since got more strict about sealing my hair, using my lovely avocado/banana/egg/wheatgerm oil pre treatment. Ooooh also check out the ceramide threads!! :grin:

Btw, I :love: your ghana braids sooooo much, just looked at your fotki.

Guitarhero

If it's any consolation, I feel the exact same. zero comme progres! Ach! Anyhoo, I almost cut to above shoulder in a whim. Then I spy Teri LaFlesh's hair and get reinspired. If I jack it now, I'll be very much setback, so I trudge onward. I think we all get there. Hopefully, you will get out of your rut and do something different to push further progress.

coolsista-paris

thanks soooo much! ive been sealing but since like a few months ago thats all! using any oil.

i have been very stressed and pissed out! yes thats for sure! and its starting again with my new job!

coolsista-paris

And i don't know what ceramides are so i better start checking that out. I forgot to mention that when i get braids in i get good. Growth.fast too but thé styliulls
mu hair out! And one lazy left my ends out!!!, maybe thats why i dont get it. The roots grow crazy with braids but no lenth showing