I'm so confused - Kenra or Elucence?

L_Mo

Hi everyone,

I've been analzying my hair regimen and realized that I am missing a good moisturizing conditioner. So, I did some searches of these posts and found that most people use KeraCare, Kenra or Elucence. However, I am thinking of avoiding KeraCare due to the mixed reviews and the 'cones.

So, I've narrowed it down to Kenra and Elucence and found a local beauty supply place that sells both. Has anyone tried BOTH of these products who can recommend one over the other?

TIA!:)

shunta

Ive tried both Kenra and Elucence and I must say that I like Elucence better. They are both made by the same people, though. I guess its what you call a "sister company".

growingbrown

I have not used Kenra before but I have used elucence conditioner and shampoo. I like the shampoo and have been using that regularly. I love the conditioner as a leave in on air dried hair only. It makes it so soft:)

L_Mo

shunta said:
Ive tried both Kenra and Elucence and I must say that I like Elucence better. They are both made by the same people, though. I guess its what you call a "sister company".

Wow, I didn't realize that they were made by the same people. I just checked the websites, and sure enough, they are at the same address. I guess Elucence is marketed as a more "natural" alternative to main-stream hair products, while Kenra seems to be going for the "classic quality" image.

Who knew?!? ;)

BrownBetty

In my opinion they are two different lines.

I loove the conditioner from Kenra, it moisturizes and you don't need to leave it on long. Actually I think 5 - 10 minutes is best. The shampoo is the worst, it tangled my hair something fierce.

Elucence I looove the poos, both the mositurizing and the acidfying. The MB conditioner is great when my hair is still straight but once the new growth comes in not so much. It doesn't detangle either. It's nice as a leave in though. The extended mositure is nice as a light protein treatment.

I use both. I just alternate, when I am running low on Kenra I replace it with elucence and vice versa.

I hope that helps.

Princess Pie

I like both, but Elucence is my favorite. I think some of their products are the same, like the acidifying poo and the clarifying poo. The two mosturizing conditioners are very similar, only Kenra MC seems slightly thicker. Both lines get the job done, for me.

L_Mo

Thanks ladies! I think I'll try them both. I bought the Kenra today since I am 12.5 weeks post-relaxer, and will try the Elucence next.

Mizani_Mrs

I've used both. Kenra is quality and Elucence isn't worth a crap. Kenra is moisturizing and it actually does a good job detangling if you leave it on for about 10mins. Kenra is thick and creamy and it moisturizes well. My hair is so dry so i need a good detangler. Elucence didn't detangle AT ALL. It may be good for people with natural hair who don't have relaxer or heat damage. but for me... elucence doesnt do anything for me.

Hibiscus30

Mizani_Mrs said:
I've used both. Kenra is quality and Elucence isn't worth a crap. Kenra is moisturizing and it actually does a good job detangling if you leave it on for about 10mins. Kenra is thick and creamy and it moisturizes well. My hair is so dry so i need a good detangler. Elucence didn't detangle AT ALL. It may be good for people with natural hair who don't have relaxer or heat damage. but for me... elucence doesnt do anything for me.

Love, love, love Kenra...it has helped me tremendously through this bumpy transition.