I'm new, excited, and really lost!

BrockStar

Hello Everyone! My friend told me about this website and I like what I see! I'm a little lost though. I am going natural and I'm about 3 months strong. I have already seen growth of about 1 1/2 inches curly and 3 inches straightened out. Currently my hair without weave is below shoulder length. My hair is naturally very wavy and I have been using wet and wavy weave in the back and my hair blended in the front. It been working really well for me. I am looking for a few things from this site:
1.Lots of support.
2.Fast Growth! I need lots of ideas for this.
3.Good products for very curly/wavy hair.
4.When I take breaks from the extensions, I love to straighten my hair, but it sweats out so easily. So then I'm natural at the base and permed on the rest and it looks a mess. Any thoughts to keep it straight, but keep the heat to a minimum?

I already want to quit and get a perm which is why I joined. I love the beautiful little 1 1/2 inches I've grown so far, I'm just a little impatient. How do I join a challenge? Are there groups for the different hair textures? (I think I'm a 2B). Thanks ladies!!! I look forward to hearing from you!

dlewis

Welcome, take your time to wonder through the forums and then post if you have questions.

WhipEffectz1

dlewis said:
Welcome, take your time to wonder through the forums and then post if you have questions.

You always beat me in responding first pretty lady! :mad: :)

Anywho, welcome dear!!! :wave:

tallygirl

Welcome! Search the threads and ask questions...the ladies on this site are awesome and you'll get tons of information/advice to help you in your journey toward healthy hair and growth; so again, welcome, and happy growing.....

camellia

Welcome!

You mentioned your hair is type 2B. You should be able to keep it pretty straight by banding it. Basically you take your freshly washed hair and make two ponytails one on either side of your head. Using silk or satin scrunchies, place one every few inches down your ponytail, then repeat on the other side. Let your hair air dry in the band. Remove them once your hair completely dry.

My hair is mostly 3A with a little 2C and 3B thrown in. I can get my hair very smooth and straight with this method.

Hope that helps! There's a load of great information on here.:)