I'm going natural!

RainbowCurls

4 months ahead of 'decision time' (I had a challenge, see signature/website...)
I've come to the conclusion that I've ruined my chances of growing my hair any time soon since using a permanent dye. I recently had about a 2" trim, now the ends are dry and breaking already.
I was going to do at least one more relaxer so I could make an informed descision on whether I want straight hair any more or not. At the moment a lot of my hair is underprocessed. I was going to get it properly straight with a no-lye, then if I wanted to go natural I could actaully see how much it'd grown.
But then I thought, why bother? It'd just be setting myself back on going natural. I can't see myself wanting to keep relaxing for too much longer anyway.
Relaxing makes my hair weak. I want to be able to dye it crazy colours without massive breakage!
Anyway...
I'm looking forward to finding out what hair type(s) I've got!

I'll have to rename my website...

TigerLily

Congrats on your decision! However, I must say that you still probably won't be able to dye it crazy colors without some damage. Not saying that it'll definitely happen, however, it CAN happen....

hopeful

Congratulations and good luck. You will love the peace of mind that comes with being natural and if you love color so much at least you won't have the worry of a double process. Keep us updated. Will you transition or bc? I'm sure whatever hairtype you have will be just lovely.

RainbowCurls

Oh I'll expect some damage with the colouring. But I think without the relaxer it'll greatly reduce it.
I'm going to transition, I haven't got the confidence to wear short hair! I don't wear my hair up much for the same reason.
I might get braids (first time ever) if the transitioning gets too much for me.

RainbowCurls

I've subscribed to the transitioner's thread :up:

I haven't relaxed since January... I'm wondering why my new growth looks straighter than it used to look... maybe it's the 'magic scarf'.
This has been a factor in my deciding to go natural. I'm thinking... "why am I bothering to relax"?

chocolate01

Congrats on your decision. I'm transitioning too, getting ready to do the chop soon, but I love transitioning and I love my hair more everyday.

Sweetyb

I glanced @ your album, sounds like you're ready for this decision. Congrats girlie and good luck.

Netta1

Yayyyyy, come on over! The only thing I regret about going natural is not doing it sooner!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Congrats on your decision!! Tell me something, how do you pronounce 'Doak?' The way I say in my head sounds like 'Dork.'

RainbowCurls

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Congrats on your decision!! Tell me something, how do you pronounce 'Doak?' The way I say in my head sounds like 'Dork.'

LOL... I pronounce it like 'oak' but with a D in front. I don't know if that's the correct way. It's videogame related... yes, I'm a bit of a geek.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

PerfectDoak said:
LOL... I pronounce it like 'oak' but with a D in front. I don't know if that's the correct way. It's videogame related... yes, I'm a bit of a geek.

Which video game?:trampolin:

RainbowCurls

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Which video game?:trampolin:

GoldenEye on N64. Dr. Doak is a scientist, you have to meet him to get a door decoder. He's my good luck character on multiplayer mode.... :D

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
PerfectDoak said:
GoldenEye on N64. Dr. Doak is a scientist, you have to meet him to get a door decoder. He's my good luck character on multiplayer mode.... :D
:lol: I never knew your screenname came from that game. I like playing with Oddjob (the little short dude). When playing multiplayer and I run up on someone, they can't see me! So I tear them up with my RC990 (I forgot how to spell it)! :grin:

RainbowCurls

Poohbear said:
:lol: I never knew your screenname came from that game. I like playing with Oddjob (the little short dude). When playing multiplayer and I run up on someone, they can't see me! So I tear them up with my RC990 (I forgot how to spell it)! :grin:

Wow, that's excellent, another GoldenEye fan!
Oddjob is banned in our household though, because of his height!
You mean the RCP90? Excellent choice of weapon. I'm more of a pistols on license to kill fan though.
The 'Perfect' in my alais is from Perfect Dark...

RainbowCurls

Thanks for the support everyone. I'll keep my site updated with how I'm getting on... after renaming it to something like '**** the relaxer, I'm going natural'... but more polite.