I've never been so confused over what I want to do with my hair!

RainbowCurls

Over the past few weeks I've considered:

- bleaching all of my hair myself (to dye purple)
- going to a hairdressers' to get it bleached (to dye purple)
- just bleaching a few streaks (to dye purple) as my already bleached bit looks a bit 'fluffy' and that wouldn't be good if it was my whole head
- not bothering with any more bleaching and starting to take silica and wash my hair every day in an attempt to grow my hair fast
- big chop, then braid extensions if I look bad with short hair (which I'm sure I would)
- relaxing(!)
- dyeing my hair with my trusty red dye
- getting a layered cut

Is anyone else like this?

I used to be content with relaxing every 3 months and the occasional trim and dyeing red...

ChocoKitty

::raises hand::

I cannot figure out what to do with my hair... Last month I lost 3.5 inches during a trim by a SHS.:mad: So my goal right now is to grow back to the length pre-trim. But I'm kinda wishy-washy about it... I'm so frustrated with my hair right now...

I don't know if I should...
-Cut into a style--perferably a chin length bob
-Just let it grow as it--then when I get back to my original length get shaped into a nice style
-Get box braids--so I wouldn't have to look at it for a while
-Get a short crop and start fresh...
-Dye my hair blonde--I'm not only frustrated but I'm bored with my hair. I got two boxes of Bigen "Tokyo Gold" sitting in my drawer...
-Forget about growing my hair long and just keep it cut short. (i.e. a few inches above shoulder length)
:ohwell:

hopeful

PerfectDoak, okay, I see it this way, you're sure you're going to transition, right? And you love the purple which is gorgeous (I saw the pics in your album, very pretty). If you are dying to dye the rest of your hair purple I say go for it. I would have thought you were nuts but after seeing how pretty the purple is I see why you want purple so bad. I say go to a hairstylist to bleach and dye if you have one you really trust, otherwise do it yourself. And if it all turns out disastorous (sp?) well you can bc/be natural/and put in braids while you grow out your natural hair. I think you'll look great with the purple and I think you will be happy with it too. On the safe side, I think you might really enjoy purple highlights too. Good luck, I hope you get more responses!

esoterica

Go for it PerfectDoak! I say get the purple highlights... if you like it you can always get some more done at a later date. Plus you wont have to worry so much about two tone hair... I know we're all looking forward to more pictures from you. :)

I've always been a bit bored and therefore adventurous with my hair... My do for august is red purple and black. :love:

Lorraine

Why not consider instant weaves? That way you can play with colors and styles/cuts without touching or potentially ruining your hair.

California

:lol: That's perfectly normal thinking. You must be creative? I used to be very experimental with my head. I had almost every color before. I chopped, dyed, fried, lyed, braided, weaved, fusioned my head so many times :lol: its just who you are. Manic Panic has great colors. Have fun and treat yourself.

metalkitty

Go for the purple! Since you've been wanting to do the big chop anyway, and you take very good care of your hair by the pics. Why're you considering relaxing again, just out of curiosity? Just do what'll make you happy long term though would be my best and most boring advise :) .

RainbowCurls

Thanks everyone. Don't worry, the relaxing consideration was a temporary lapse! It was brought on by thinking... my no-lye relaxed hair straightens very well without heat (just tying it up)... so I could probably grow my hair with a no-lye relaxer now. But I won't!

The thing that's putting me off colouring is although it's not breaking, the hair I've already bleached is a lot frizzier than my other hair.

ChocoKitty, I think you should get your hair cut into a style now. That way you can feel good about your hair while you grow it back to your original length.

Lorraine, what's an instant weave? Is it a bit like a wig? That would be a good idea for messing around with colour.
I'd be a bit worried about my hair looking fake though, which is probably why I haven't tried them yet.

asphyxxia, red purple and black sounds great!

Lorraine

PerfectDoak said:
Lorraine, what's an instant weave? Is it a bit like a wig? That would be a good idea for messing around with colour.
I'd be a bit worried about my hair looking fake though, which is probably why I haven't tried them yet.

asphyxxia, red purple and black sounds great!

Oops, I missed this. An instant weave is a fall or a wig that goes over your real hair, while leaving some parts out like your bangs. You leave your hair wrapped underneath, protecting it from damage. I did this for approximately a month and saw pretty good results. Also, it was nice to wear hair down and loose knowing that my real hair was up and protected.