Im bored with my hair....

lsubabiedee

Any other transitioners feel this way? I dont like to style it. I am so hair lazy now that I dont straighten it. Will I ever grow out of this?!

I've gotten that way with my transitioning hair. Most recently about a month ago. I was feeling REALLY bored and just sick and tired of looking at my face without my hair framing it. To top that off, all of my old tricks to make my hair look nice were just not working anymore. Once I figured out what my hair needed at this point in my transitioning, things got better. (That was only less than 2 weeks ago.) Now, I feel ok with how I look everyday even though I'm wearing the same style. I'm ok with it b/c I'm losing less hair than I did when I was going through my frustration period trying to figure out a new routine. So, I'm happy to "rest" at this point.
As others told me..."this, too, shall pass."

yeah...i know that im losing less hair now...my hair even looks healthier, but i feel as though i should be doing something to it...maybe im just envious of all the other natural hair styles i see...

Isubabiedee-your hair is very pretty. For extra styles mayeb you can do braids, cornrows and maybe even a weave. I have a weave in right now just for another style and to give my twa a break. If you go to np.com they have many pictures with many styles that you could try.

I'm a transitioner and I feel the exact same way. I've been wearing my hair in a bun so long now, that my head is literally beginning to hurt (I'm not kidding).
angry2.gif

Hopefully I'll get it pressed for the affair I have this weekend.
clap.gif

I am relaxed and I am tired of wearing drawstring ponytails and braids I just dont like buns at all.

hmmm...i have been trying to get cornrows for a while...but I think i'll miss playing with my hair every night...I made a low pony today and i like it...i just hate being stuck in ruts..

I am relaxed and have been bored with my hair. It's growing and getting long, but it's rather anti-clamactic (sp?). I'm 2 inches away from bra-strap and I don't feel the least bit excited. Well...I am a little, but not as much as I thought I'd be. I think I need to wear my hair down a little more often. I always feel so good about staying with my regimen and growing my hair after I get a lot of compliments and encouragement.

Geaux TIGERS!!!
I felt the same way while transitioning and I feel the same way now that I am au-naturale. I opted for a change and did an at home Dominican Blowout for this week.

Back