I'm Allergic To Keracare!

LaShanne

I'm so disappointed. I just bought a whole load of Keracare products because i'd heard such great things about it. Well it appears that i'm allergic. My neck, ears and hands are all red, sore and broken out. at, first i thought maybe it was the MTG i just bought, so i waited a couple days and tried it again yesterday. Nope! it's the Keracare. Luckily, the salon took it all back. I'm now thinking about Paul Mitchell's Super Strong line. I dont know. I have spent so much money the past couple months trying to find the right products for me:(

LaShanne said:
I'm so disappointed. I just bought a whole load of Keracare products because i'd heard such great things about it. Well it appears that i'm allergic. My neck, ears and hands are all red, sore and broken out. at, first i thought maybe it was the MTG i just bought, so i waited a couple days and tried it again yesterday. Nope! it's the Keracare. Luckily, the salon took it all back. I'm now thinking about Paul Mitchell's Super Strong line. I dont know. I have spent so much money the past couple months trying to find the right products for me:(

Oh girl, sorry to hear. at least you got your money back. try the NTM line. the products work very well and they have a really nice smell.

LaShanne said:

Hey there! :wave: I just wanted to say sorry about your experiences. Rather than just thinking it was the Keracare you should evaluate WHAT was in the stuff that you used.

Keracare's ingredients are really no different than a lot of products that are out there to say. Basicly, what i am trying to say is you should find the ingredient(s) that broke you out. Last thing you want to do is spend more money on something that will do the same thing.

A lot of people don't like mineral oil, so maybe it was that. Silicones? MTG in conjunction of something else, maybe that? Good luck.

MizaniMami said:
Hey there! :wave: I just wanted to say sorry about your experiences. Rather than just thinking it was the Keracare you should evaluate WHAT was in the stuff that you used.

Keracare's ingredients are really no different than a lot of products that are out there to say. Basicly, what i am trying to say is you should find the ingredient(s) that broke you out. Last thing you want to do is spend more money on something that will do the same thing.

A lot of people don't like mineral oil, so maybe it was that. Silicones? MTG in conjunction of something else, maybe that? Good luck.

I agree. There must be an ingredient in their products which gave you that reaction. I hope you finally find what works for you. I know how frustrating it is to experiment on different products and have them turn out to be not quite right. I hope your symptoms have disappeared or at least gotten better. Good luck with your search.

MizaniMami said:

i feel like a stupidhead:wallbash: . MizaniMami is 100% right. instead of jumping to another product line(like i suggested) try doing some research on different ingredients that you may be allergic to. another good thing to do is a strand or skin test-just apply small amount of product on area of skin to see if you have allergic reaction. my sister does it all the time. she actually goes inside of the BSS and put a small amount on the inside of where her arm bends-that's a very sensitive area. if you are allergic to a product you will definitely know. again, sorry for the stupidheadedness:(

YOu know to be honest with you... it seems like it's the MTG more than anything. I had reoccuring weird rashes on my body for 2 weeks, and it was the MTG. Keracare is a simple product, MTG is kinda scary and a lot of people react to it differently.

mika vs sasha said:
YOu know to be honest with you... it seems like it's the MTG more than anything. I had reoccuring weird rashes on my body for 2 weeks, and it was the MTG. Keracare is a simple product, MTG is kinda scary and a lot of people react to it differently.

That's what I was thinking.

It seems like that would be the thing that i would blame before anything else.

Ha ha...I also thought it was the MTG too but Lashanne seems pretty sure its not the MTG so I dunno.

Whatever it is I hope you figure it out:) .

I just started using MTG this week. I only used it once and only very little. Honestly, it could be a multitude of things. I have this thing where once i decide to do something i go WAY overboard. i think I've tried or contempated trying nearly everything that was mentioned on this board. But last night I used ONLY the keracare products and thats when my rash flared up again. I dont know how i'm supposed to narrow down the bad ingredient. In the meantime, my search continues.......

It's cool, we will help you narrow it down. First thing first, discontinue ANYTHING new, including the MTG (personally, I think it has a lot to do with it). Start off fresh and add things little by little. Then evaluate some things. Like:

What did you use before?

Do you have allergies to specific products?

Have you ever broke out from something before? If so what? This is espoecially important.

Do you use grease or products with mineral oil? If so with no adverse side effects then that rules mineral oil out.

Have you ever used anything with silicones?

I notice KC humecto has flower extracts such as Chamomile, Corn Flower, Rosemary, and ivy. Do you have allergies to flowers or such?

MizaniMami said:
It's cool, we will help you narrow it down. First thing first, discontinue ANYTHING new, including the MTG (personally, I think it has a lot to do with it). Start off fresh and add things little by little. Then evaluate some things. Like:

What did you use before?

Do you have allergies to specific products?

Have you ever broke out from something before? If so what? This is espoecially important.

Do you use grease or products with mineral oil? If so with no adverse side effects then that rules mineral oil out.

Have you ever used anything with silicones?

I notice KC humecto has flower extracts such as Chamomile, Corn Flower, Rosemary, and ivy. Do you have allergies to flowers or such?

Make an appointment to see your doctor. He/she can do allergy skin test to see what you are allergic too. Take all bottles of products you have used recently-during the time of your breakouts-compare ingredients, write down all similarities and take that list with you or just take the product-your doctor should be able to help you figure out if it is in fact something in the products that is causing your breakouts. HTH

MizaniMami said:

Very good point. You should find this out to avoid spending more money on products that will do the same.

Back