I'm A Bad Girl-I Used A Blowdryer Yesterday-Now I Remember Why I Don't Blowdry/fry

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
:woot: :clap: Yay! Thanks for this thread! You guys are so cool!:D I also looked like a chicken when I tried blowdrying my hair.:ohwell: I am so happy I found this board. So much to learn!

MissB

Re: The best blow dryer and technique!

Has anyone seen or used the Deep Brilliance dryer? If so, how does it compare to the Chi dryer? I have been debating this purchase for awhile. I found a salon that would order the dryer for me but I haven't seen it in a BSS for purchase.

MissYocairis

Looking at SG's fotki....I'm officially convinced it's time for me to put my blow dryer in storage! Lawd, it's a scary thought! (I hate sitting under the hood for rollersets) But, her pics are so inspirational! As are many of the lovely LHCF'ers pics who swore off the blow dryer long ago! Thanks ladies!

Denim And Leather

Allandra said:
This is exactly what my sister-in-law does when she blow dries my hair. I can't figure out how/or even why some people blow dry wet/very wet hair. :nono:

[/list]

My hairdress (former) never blowdried my hair like this! She would always blow dry it after rinsing out a cheap deep conditioner.

Now I'm even more glad I don't go to her anymore.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

MissB said:
Has anyone seen or used the Deep Brilliance dryer? If so, how does it compare to the Chi dryer? I have been debating this purchase for awhile. I found a salon that would order the dryer for me but I haven't seen it in a BSS for purchase.

I would expect them to be the same or quite similar since Chi and DB are both manufactured by Farouk.

caribeandiva

Human being
Re: I'm A Bad Girl-I Used A Blowdryer Yesterday-Now I Remember Why I Don't Blowdry/fr

Supergirl said:
I've just adopted a new slogan: "Friends don't let friends blowdry!" :D
(wouldn't that be cute on our LHCF keychain/bracelet?)

:lachen: aww.. how cute!!

aileenadq

SG:

How do you normally airdry? A bun? And how long does it take all that hair to dry?

PS: Great album! I LOVE the fact that your hair looks so smooth even though you don't use heat. How do you do it>

A

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: I'm A Bad Girl-I Used A Blowdryer Yesterday-Now I Remember Why I Don't Blowdry/fr

aileenadq said:
SG:

How do you normally airdry? A bun? And how long does it take all that hair to dry?

PS: Great album! I LOVE the fact that your hair looks so smooth even though you don't use heat. How do you do it>

A

You know what--alot of people ask me this so I'm going to start a thread. :)

comike

Your hair is absolutely beautifyl Supergirl. You did a good job. I blow dry my hair after every wash. I can't imaging life without my blow dryer. I'm back with roller set. My hair comes out way too big. I wish I could perfect the technique of blow drying with a brush. How do you do it? Do you really just separate your hair into four sections and blow dry each section

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

comike said:
Your hair is absolutely beautifyl Supergirl. You did a good job. I blow dry my hair after every wash. I can't imaging life without my blow dryer. I'm back with roller set. My hair comes out way too big. I wish I could perfect the technique of blow drying with a brush. How do you do it? Do you really just separate your hair into four sections and blow dry each section

Yes, I use 4 sections when I blow dry. (the last time was 2003) PLEASE STOP blowdrying your hair after every wash if you want it to get longer!

Dogmd

Those tips from robin were great! Thanks... I need a new blow dryer. Mine died last week! Gonna check out that Chi. I have the chi flat iron, and chi ceramic curling iron which i use on special occasions.

HoneyDew

Supergirl said:
Yes, I use 4 sections when I blow dry. (the last time was 2003) PLEASE STOP blowdrying your hair after every wash if you want it to get longer!

Giving up the blowdry has been the best thing I could have done for my hair. It actually feels and looks thicker as a result. I hope that I continue to see great progress while I enjoy my hair without blowdrying.