If you cowash each day, do you have to still moisturize?

SimpleKomplexity

It seems like we cowash to keep our hair moisturized. If that's so, do we still have to moisturize if we do a cowash that day? I remember doing that when I first got on the board, but that takes an awfully long time!:spinning:

" . . . do you have to still moisturize"

For the most part I wouldn't think you "have to". Of course, looking at one's hair and feeling it will tell the story.

When I cowash, I usually put the conditioner back in with some oil. I've never tried not putting anything at all. But I guess if you put some oil right after you rinse out the conditioner you should be be fine. Let us know if you try it and how it works.

I would think that you do. Eventhough cowashing moisturizes my hair I want to provide it with a little extra and seal it in because if I don't my hair is dry the next morning. That makes it easier in the morning also, I can just spray my hair a little and be out the door and I don't have to do as much. But, if you feel that your hair is moisturized enough then you don't. It's all about what works for you.

P.S. I LOVE you siggy quote. Its so cute!! :)

Not sure if you have to but i do

i leave a little conditioner in or apply some leave in

I do notice the difference in my hair when I don't moisturize.

Do what works best for your hair though.

OP, how do you moisturize after you cowash? It doesn't really take me that long and now I'm starting to wonder if it should, lol.

I co-wash every day and I do moisturize, I feel I have to. If not my hair will get dry and brittle, especially my ends.

I never leave the conditioner in my hair, that doesn't work for me. I use butters such as mango/aloe/hempseed and seal with Coconut oil.

ETA: It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds a minute tops. I just rub it in my hands and slap it on my head. You don't have to coat every individual strand, just make sure you get it all over your hair. Pay extra attention to your ends.

Last edited:
It only takes me like 30 sec to moisturize but I was just wondering is it needed if you are cowashing each day. That's kinda like moisturizing 2x a day instead of once. I'ma try both ways and get back to ya :grin:

Back