Do you moisturize EVERY Day??

HealthyHair

darn, I'm in the minority, I light and bouncy (a la' domincan rollersets) and it stays pretty moisturized so I moisturize every other day, sometimes once a day, I go by how my hair feels mostly.

Those of you that moisturize twice a day, does your hair get flat or clumpy? I haven't been able to find a moisturizer other than Kemi Oyl that doesn't make my hair clumpy

sengschick

The Bun Master
I do it 2-3 times per day, four when I workout. My ends are exposed to air, so it's very important to me and needed. I think the products you use will determine if your hair is "clumpy", maybe less oil and more butter products would work. I recently began moisturizing my ends w/humectress which is wonderfully light and equally moisturizing.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Whenever my ends need it and my present products are s-curl and redken's anti-snap. I've given up oils cause they all weigh down my fine stranded hair.

atlien

Girl is that really Jon B..did you get the digits he's a cutie..
okay back to the forum I moisturize everyday it's a must...

Falon

At least once everyday more depending on how the hair feels, more if necessary. I don't skimp on the mosturizer b/c by the third day I really have no choice but to wash b/c of the buildup. I think my hair is doing better now b/c of this. As opposed to keeping it in bone dry to preserve my style for a week or more and suffering from dryness and the breakage.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
She does have LOVELY hair.

I don't mositurize every day Denali - my hair is too fine. I do it every other day and always after I take my wrap down. I don't moisturize at all if I airdried it. I do that after the wash and then not again until I wash again. I only moisturize every other day when I've rollerset my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm...I see that moisturizing too often for fine hair might not be a good idea. I think that's why I have been experiencing some breakage...along with my hair being relaxed, color treated and overprocessed (from my mom relaxing my entire hairshaft).

Since my hair is fine too, I think Im going to cut down on how much I moisturize and see how it works for me.

greenidlady1

Yep, every day with my homemade moisture spray at least 1x. Sometimes I'll follow up with oil, but not as frequently as I used to.

Take care,
G

H

HoneyRockette

I condition my hair every day in the shower. That's enough moisture for me. Anything else makes my hair stiff and greasy.

pearlygurl

I HAVE to moisturize my hair several times a day. I have supa dupa thick hair and I am convinced that my hair is possessed. I can never seem to moisturize enough. If I got a dollar for everytime my mom says "girl your hair looks dry" I'd be a hellava lot richer than I am now

[ QUOTE ]
pearlygurl said:
I HAVE to moisturize my hair several times a day. I have supa dupa thick hair and I am convinced that my hair is possessed. I can never seem to moisturize enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive tried eveyother day before and I hated the dry feeling.

amy1234

I don't moisturize every day. The only moisture that my hair gets is when I wash and condition it. For some reason, I don't think that my hair needs it. I also find that when I try to moisturize daily, my hair will feel too weighed down and sometimes limp IMO.

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
I don't moisturize every day. The only moisture that my hair gets is when I wash and condition it. For some reason, I don't think that my hair needs it. I also find that when I try to moisturize daily, my hair will feel too weighed down and sometimes limp IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO! I have 4b hair and it just can't take daily anything or it flops. I DO occassionally, like in the dead of winter, put about 2 drops of oil on the ENDS every other night whenever I remember before bed . . .

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
Patrice said:
Yes I tend to moisturize twice a day because of how dry my hair get. I think it is very nesscary to moisturize daily because if your hair becomes really dry it is more prone to breakage and damage, trust me I speak from experience

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
2-5x a day...whenever I think about it. I have a spray moisturizer by Ion, part of their anti-frizz line. It has a really fine mist so it doesnt "wet" the hair and cause the style to revert and its not an oil so it doesnt weigh it down. I just mist it a couple of times whenever I pass the mirror and its sitting there. I use it mostly on my crown because its drier than the rest of my hair and more prone to breakage. I use the B&B oil moisturizer or the NTM whenever I wrap my hair up at night.