How do YOU moisturize?

fluffylocks

1. Do you moisturize just the ends, or the entire hair- Do you pay attention to your hairline, or nape or sides?

2. What moisturizer(s) do you use on straightened hair?

3. What moisturizer(s) do you use on airdryed or curly/natural hair?

4. What do you seal with (if anything)

5. When or How many times a day do you moisturize?

6. How much of the product do you use each time you moisturize? (A palm size amount for your whole head....a quarter amount per 1/4th section.....)

7. Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect)

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
1. I moisturize all of my hair, concentrating on the newgrowth (when I have some) ends and nape

2. Hawaiian Silky 14 iñ 1 Miracle Worker

3. Hawaiian Silky 14 iñ 1 Miracle Worker :D

4. On wash days, I seal with GVP Skinny Serum. Any other day, I don't seal. Don't need to with Hawaiian Silky :grin:

5. Moisturize once daily

I don't baggy or anything right now. I :heart: baggying though, so I might start back up in a few months

chebaby

for the most part i moisturize just my ends (ears on down) and then seal the whole head of hair. every 2-3 days i part my hair in sections and moisturize that whole section then seal that whole section.
i moisturize 2x daily. i use jane carters nourish and shine and seal with cocasta oil. that oil is so good that i could skip nourish and shine if i wanted and just use the oil, but i dont.

Neith

1. Do you moisturize just the ends, or the entire hair- Do you pay attention to your hairline, or nape or sides?

I dampen and apply moisturizer to all my hair and put a little extra on the ends.

None... I'd revert. I put a tiny bit of oil in.

3. Airdryed or curly hair?

Nature's Gate Conditioners.

Jojoba Oil.

Usually once a day. Maybe once every 2 days.

--Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect

I always section my hair when I apply products to make sure I get all my hair. I braid it after moisturizing, mostly to keep it from matting/tangling when I sleep, but it does help to keep it nicely moisturized as a bonus.

DaDragonPrincess

I moisturize twice a day.

How I Do it:

I run through hair with fingers and massage through hair.....

I moisturize with my Olive Oil Professional Moisturizer Lotion by organic root stimulator. About a quarter size amount, a little of this stuff goes a long way.:yep:

Dime size of a shine serum by Olive Oil Organic Root Stimulator, or The Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Shine Serum, Or Motions Shine Serum, or Chi Silk Fusion, either one of my choice a dime size in head.

I SEAL with some pure Olive Oil, and makes sure I seal my ends.

Toy

1.Moisturize entire head.

2.I haven't straighting my hair in so long,dont even remember what i used.

3.Airdry

4.Jojoba oil,hazelnut oil,castor oil,apricot oil.

5.Twice a day.

6.No baggy,put it in 2 braids and leave it.

DarkHair

I moisturize the whole head.

I use ElastaQP Mango Butter

Bonnet dried

Coconut or Jojoba oil

I moisturize about 2-3 times per week depending on the hair

--Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect)
~no I just wrap my hair at night

Sunshyn3

I moisturize from the ends up in sections.

NTM silk touch leave-in creme

Wave nouveau finishing lotion

I seal with Hot Six Oil

I seal 2x/daily

wannabelong

1. Do you moisturize just the ends, or the entire hair- Do you pay attention to your hairline, or nape or sides? I moisturize the length concentrating on the ends and nape. When I have a lot of new growth, I spray it with my homemade spritz.

2. What moisturizer(s) do you use on straightened hair? I usually use ORS Olive Oil in the jar. I just starting using Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Creme.

3. Airdryed or curly hair? I airdry.

4. What do you seal with (if anything) I seal with coconut oil.

5. When or How many times a day do you moisturize? 2x a day - once in the morning and again before going to bed.

--Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect) I don't do anything else.

RocStar

I generally moisturize all of my hair. I pay attention to the back of my hair and on my ends.

My hair loves the Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojaba Oil.

Same

Keracare Essential Oils

Either once a day or every other day.

--Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect)

I do a twisting motion with my hair when moisturizing and sealing the ends.

B_sWife79

I haven't been really consistent, sometimes just rub through whole head, sometimes section and go from about an inch from scalp to ends (I don't like buildup on my scalp)

I've been trying things out, usually I use the profectiv breakfree, healthy ends, or carefree curl gold (rarely). I seal with hot six oil.

Again a mix of both, I bonnet dry in ponytails (with oiled seam free bands) or air dry the same way, but I find that I can't completely air dry well. I have to air dry about 80% dry then use low heat on the blowdryer to avoid tangly frizz.

Hot Six Oil

Usually really well before bed, just a touch in the morning. I can't really do too much in the mornings because I sleep in 4 purple flexirods.

On really cold days or nights with lots of dry heat in the house, I'll braid before putting the flexi's in and use end wraps. If I have a lot of ng I'll tie it down with a satin scarf before I put my satin sleep bonnet on.

I agree that this is a great thread for the harsh winter months. I'm in Ohio and I am definately grateful for ideas to keep my hair from breaking off in the cold. One helpful idea about moisture I learned on here that might help others is about hats and how they need to be lined with silk or satin to prevent friction/breakage. I modified that idea a bit by storing a satin sleep bonnet in my hats. I just put it inside and put the hat on as if it was its lining. That way I don't have to sew and modify all my hats, it fits in any hat and it doesn't show the way I do it. It also has been pretty good for not giving me hat hair that destroys the curls from the flexis.

Mrs.Green

I moisturize all hair but more focus on ends.

ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer Lotion.

Suave Humectant Conditioner.

Vatika or regular Coconut Oil.

Twice - once in the morning and before I go to bed.

6. How much of the product do you use each time you moisturize? (A palm size amount for your whole head....a quarter amount per 1/4th section.....)

Whatever is needed.

7. Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect)

Nope.

TexturedTresses

i normally focus on the ends ... however, when i am six weeks post i start trying to rub the moisturizer on my roots to soften them up avoiding my scalp.

jane carter nourish and shine

jane carter or water, aloe vera gel, and glycerin

normally nothing, but if i do with my oil mixture

it depends - mostly twice a day

about a dime sized amount i rub it through my hands first

nope, i usually just put on my headtie, bun, or leave my hair loose.

keep in mind i dc twice a week and probably don't need as much moisture as someone who doesn't

shtow

I try to get each and every strand lol I do my hairline, nape, ends, everything.

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine

Kenra Leave in. Jane Carter Nourish and Shine the next day/ after dry

not needed

once. sometimes every other day

about a nickel sized amount per quarter inch section

I work the moisturizer in with my hands. This is crucial. I also find when I pincurl and sleep with my satin scarf my hair is moistuized better. When I sleep on a satin pillowcase out of lazniness its dryness city in the morning.

charmtreese

Do you moisturize just the ends, or the entire hair- Do you pay attention to your hairline, or nape or sides? I moisturize it all, Paying close attention to the ends, nap and hairline.

What moisturizer(s) do you use on straightened hair? Ojon leave-in glossing cream

What moisturizer(s) do you use on airdryed or curly/natural hair? I normally do not airdry but if I did I would use CHI Silk Infusion and Jane Carter Nourish and shine

What do you seal with (if anything) Castor oil or Ojon Restorative treatment

When or How many times a day do you moisturize? 2-3

How much of the product do you use each time you moisturize? (A palm size amount for your whole head....a quarter amount per 1/4th section.....) A Dime size for my entire head, I emulsify it first between my hands until the cream is clear and then I apply it to my hair.

Do you baggy or do anything else for your hair to stay moisturized or to moisturize it better (twist or braid it while your moisturizing, part it....ect) I sleep with satin scarf’s or bonnets