If You Could Only Use 3 Lines Or Fewer . . .

YvetteWithJoy

On break
How many different brands do you currently LARGELY use?

What brand has most "got you covered?"

What brand do you want to try that you think might largely cover your hair needs mostly, if not completely?

If you could only use three lines (or fewer), what line(s) would you choose, and which particular products in those lines?

toaster

I really only use three brands, I believe.

Pureology hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I just discovered I could DC with the pureology so that eliminated my Pantene DC.

It's a 10 leave in. I can use this for roller sets, heat protection, and twist outs.

Chi for serum. Serum helps my sets dry faster and silkier and also protects from the heat.

Honorable mention to qhemet. When I don't feel like roller setting or stretching my hair, the amla cream and twist butter keep my hair hydrated.

If I could only use three lines I would simply always roller set.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I really only use three brands, I believe.

Pureology hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I just discovered I could DC with the pureology so that eliminated my Pantene DC.

It's a 10 leave in. I can use this for roller sets, heat protection, and twist outs.

Chi for serum. Serum helps my sets dry faster and silkier and also protects from the heat.

Honorable mention to qhemet. When I don't feel like roller setting or stretching my hair, the amla cream and twist butter keep my hair hydrated.

If I could only use three lines I would simply always roller set.

Keracare Hydrating Shampoo
NaturelleGrow conditioners
Qhemet moisturizers

I want to try some Qhemet products for my ends. Gonna be testing a few out once I finish up this pomade I'm using.

Smiley79

How many different brands do you currently LARGELY use? About 4-5

What brand has most "got you covered?" I would have to say Shea Moisture since their line covers it all.

What brand do you want to try that you think might largely cover your hair needs mostly, if not completely? I feel like I've tried almost every line, lol.

If you could only use three lines (or fewer), what line(s) would you choose, and which particular products in those lines? Shea Moisture, Naturelle Grow and I'm uncertain about the third one.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I mostly use Shea Moisture, Aphogee, and Garnier. They have everything I could need for my hair. The best moisturizers I've ever used is from Alterna and It's A 10 though.

Redken is pretty good line to cover everything but I refuse to regularly pay those prices.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I'd actually be more than okay with Joico alone.
my staple conditioners are the Joico K Pak conditioner ( not the reconstructor although I like that too) and the K Pak Intense Hydrator. I also occasionally use the Moisture Recovery conditioner ( not the balm as its overly heavy) I really don't use any other conditioners anymore... I think next wash I will go for the Moisture Recovery because I think the protein in the other ones are making my hair a little dry.
I also really like the K Pak shampoo.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
How many different brands do you currently LARGELY use?
~4

What brand has most "got you covered?"
Philip Kingsley, but they don't carry my choice DC so...

What brand do you want to try that you think might largely cover your hair needs mostly, if not completely?
I've accepted that no brand will cover all my needs. I've tried Philip Kingsley for that and HydroQuench Systems but neither has me completely covered and the latter has been all over the place recently.

If you could only use three lines (or fewer), what line(s) would you choose, and which particular products in those lines?
Philip Kingsley - Moisture Extreme Shampoo and Elasticizer Extreme Prepoo
Hairveda - Sitrinillah DC
Oyin Handmade - Hair Dew (moisturizer and leave-in)

Right now I also use Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter (omg, bae) to set twists, but I could use Hair Dew if I Had to.
I'd use food-grade gelatin for protein treatments (what I do now).
And I'd use aloe vera gel in my spray bottle (what I do now).
And henna.

assiyrabomb

Lately, I've gotten into making my own hair products (mostly butters, oils and creams) which has not only resulted in my hair feeling the best it ever has but in me needing to buy fewer products/brands. With that, there are only two lines that I would use - Shescentit and Perfectblends:

Shescentit - The conditioners are Godsend. No conditioner has ever been able to detangle my hair like the Avocado conditioner and all of the DCs that I've tried are excellent as well. The new Peach DC in particular is amazing! I also like her creamy leave-in conditioners and oil free hair gel.

PerfectBlends - I love her hibiscus and pomegranate DC. It's one of my staple products. I also love her refresher sprays.

That aside, I do use Wen from time to time but it is expensive and the conditioners from Shescentit detangle my hair better and give me similar results so I rarely use it these days.

Mische

1. Oyin Handmade - I use not only hair products but body products from this line. My cabinet is full of them. Hair moisturizer, butters, twist cream, scalp spray, body lotion and body oils.

2. Shescentit - deep conditioners are holy grail status. Like a poster above said, I've never tried a conditioner I didn't like from this line and they all moisturize my 4c hair like no other. Good leave ins and butters, too. This line has been staple status since my relaxed days.

3. Annabelle Perfect Blends - leave in conditioners and refresher sprays are awesome. I use her oil blends to detangle my dry hair and to seal sometimes.

Aggie

I gatta agree with @Mische and @assiyrabomb about Shescentit. So far I'm enamored with their conditioners and butters so far. I have the leave-ins but haven't used them as yet. I haven't bought the Seyani or Kiwi Kiss butters however. I live in the tropics and was afraid they'd all melt before they hit my house. I still want to try them though. SSI is an all around favorite of mine. They really do make great everything that I've tried so far for my hair.

Naturelle Grow and Bekura leave-ins are awesome.

Kerastase and Redken, Deep Conditioners are my faves as well.

I simply could not do less than this.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
1. SM - specifically the entire raw shea butter line and the bright auburn hair coloring system

2. CRN - almond jai twisting butter

3. APB - the leave-ins, refresher sprays and the oils

Honorable mentions: Redken cleansing cream and Hask bamboo oil line.

If I was patronizing their businesses, NurCreations and Honey's Handmade would've made the list. Their customer service sucks therefore they get an "only in a perfect world" mention.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
How many different brands do you currently LARGELY use? 2

What brand has most "got you covered?" It is a tie between Camille Rose and Silk Dreams. Silk Dreams doesn't have a gel and isn't on the ground, but I like their deep conditioners and leavein/moisturizers better. I like CR gel, oil and shampoo. Neither has a super cheap rinse out conditioner.

What brand do you want to try that you think might largely cover your hair needs mostly, if not completely? I'm not sure

If you could only use three lines (or fewer), what line(s) would you choose, and which particular products in those lines?[/QUOTE]

Camille Rose Curl Maker gel, Ginger shampoo, almond jai twisting butter, aloe whipped butter gel, cocoa nibs and honey oil

Silk Dreams vanilla silk deep conditioner, Mocha silk deep conditioner, Almond Buttercream, moisturizing Balm (possibly the Satin smooth cream and shea what deep conditioner as well)

Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Conditioner

*Honorable Mention for Oyin because I love their hair Dew and some of the body products (honey water and whipped shea in almond scent). Also UFDs gel ties with Curl Maker for me.

Dee Raven

I could do this easily as there are really on three brands that I use that work well. Carol's Daughter (Marula Line), EQ styler gel (Olive or Argan oil) and Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. If I had to go with one line, I think I could make Carol's Daughter work though I have never tried any of there gels.

AgeinATL

1. Shea Moisture:
JBCO shampoo-cleans without stripping.
Sasha Inchi mask-amazingly soft, moisturized and manageable hair.
10-in-1 Superfruit mask-same as above.
Purification mask-awesome slip, cleans/conditions my hair.

2. Oyin:
Hair dew-I cannot live without this stuff. Great slip and moisture.

3. Camille Rose:
JAI twist butter-most butters do not work for my hair but this one does. I suspect it is because of the added conditioners and water.
Curlmaker-adds shine and definition. The hold isn't that great but I like that I can use it on stretched hair and there is no reversion.

Honorable Mention: Shescentit. I love her conditioners for rinse outs/detanglers and her reconstructor is a staple.

myronnie

How many different brands do you currently LARGELY use? I use Curl Junkie, Annabelle's Perfect Blends, Qhemet, and Shescentit mostly

What brand has most "got you covered?" I'd have to say shescentit. Avocado is great for moisture and Okra is good for protein. The cowash and peach conditioners are great for detangling. I love their conditioners but their leave-ins are just OK.

What brand do you want to try that you think might largely cover your hair needs mostly, if not completely? No brands that I want to try currently. I'm sticking with what I know for now until something piques my interest!

1) Curl Junkie: Smoothing Conditioner, Curl Rehab, Repair Me
2) Qhemet: Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, Hair Butter
3) Shescentit: Peach Conditioner, Okra Conditioner, Avocado Conditioner

RUBY

While I have a lot of lines I'd say that the three that cover me the most are:
1.Qhemet Biologics
2.Oyin
3. Shea Moisture

Honourable mentions go to Elucence, ORS (great drug store, easily available and affordable brand), keracare and shescentit.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Why do you keep trying to limit us Yvette! :cry3:

Mine would have to be:

1. Giovanni Cosmetics
2. SheScentIt
3. JOICO

Then I need single products like Wetline Gel or Jakeala Alma Shea Parfait and Annabelle's Leave In Sprays

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Why do you keep trying to limit us Yvette! :cry3:

Mine would have to be:

1. Giovanni Cosmetics
2. SheScentIt
3. JOICO

Then I need single products like Wetline Gel or Jakeala Alma Shea Parfait and Annabelle's Leave In Sprays

:lol:

Ha!!!

Stay freeeeee! Lol! I'm really trying to learn how to reign things in and simplify.

I love y'all's responses. It gives me hope that I will one day lock in on what's good for my hair. I think I'll have more fun exploring once I reach that point.

dynamic1

Design Essentials - wearing my hair kinky, setting it or straightening it there are products I love for each. Since I wear it primarily kinky lately, I use natural honey and the coconut & monoi line mostlly. Love their mousses, the twist & set and soufflé.

Kinky Curly - you have to "dance with the one that brung ya!"

Sebastian Cellophanes

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Camille Rose naturals is my main brand

As I am is a must have also.

Shea moisture but only their masques for deep conditioning.

I really don't need anything else.

Neomorph

Haha this is easy, I only use three brands anyways! :)

Shea Moisture (Shampoo and Deep Conditioners)
Kinky Curly (Knot Today, Curling Custard and Pool Party)
Aussie (they have good, low cost heat protectants for when I blow out my hair)