Smoothing Product Lines

baglady215

Do any of you ladies use the lines that are specifically for making your hair smooth and sleek? Examples:

Matrix sleek.look
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny
Lanza Strait-Line

There are more I'm sure. My questions are if anyone has any recs and do these products do what they say? Smooth, straighten, etc. :)

lana

I have 4a natural hair and at home I use Paul Mitchell Silky Straight Shampoo and Conditioner, I also use Aveda Marshmellow Root Blow Straight lotion AND/or Loreal Hot Straight blow dry lotion. They really do help. I notice that my hair straightens better with less heat and I often skip pressing and just blow dry then flat iron, then I wrap it up, sleep on it and the next morning I'm good to go.

SweetCaramel1

i've used matrix sleek look. i used the shampoo/conditioner for my daughter and i wasn't impressed.

i used the step 4 pomade on my hair and it makes it very straight, shiny, greasy and heavy. it's like pressing your hair. you put it on (like grease) then run the flat iron/pressing comb through and it does straighten! they sell samples boxes of the poo, con, pomade for $12.99 at great clips

Dogmd

Tried the entire matrix sleek line from JC Penney.. Did not do a thing to make my hair smooth or sleek.. All I noticed was tons of product buildup on my hair.

Allandra

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny - Love it! I've been using this line since May 2005. As thick as my hair is, it does calm my hair down.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I use matrix smooth and sleek and love it. I just bought PM Skinny and will it tonight/tomorrow.
ETA: I used Matrix last week when I straightened my hair. Pics in Fotki. Honestly though, I think the technique used to straighten is more important than the product.