if you are a slow grower, do you have short nails to? and other questions??

prettyone23

My hair and nails grow at a good rate. I just break them off faster than they grow... Which puts me in the same spot.

:wallbash:

Glamorous_chic

sometimes i think there is a correlation sometimes not. i've always had long strong nails, not much body hair, and average to below average growth. my sister has super long hard as rock nails, but super super slow growth. and one of my good friends with very fast hair growth and length, has alloott of body hair, but very short nub fingernails, that don't really grow. so, idk.

outspokenwallflower

I think my hair grows *kinda* slowly (cant say for sure cuz I dont monitor it as closely as I should or as some of the ladies do here) but my nails grow SO DAMN QUICKLY! I prefer having my nails no longer than my finger tip and I usually have to clip my nails EVERY WEEK-EVERY OTHER WEEK. I dont take any vitamins for it, but for awhile in the past, I used a nail strengthener and ever since I've stopped my nails still grow really fast. Wish Nailtek made a hair grower! LOL :-D

silenttullip

I'm a slow grower when it comes to hair I guess but my nails grow quick

They break twice a year or technically I chip one or two and then get irritated and break them off twice a year but they grow fine without anything. Verses my hair with protective styling and vitamins I fight for every inch but I think my scalp issues have a lot to do with that. As for arm hair OMG if the hair on my scalp grew like the hair on my legs I'd have some long hair lol.

What you described can be partly anemia BUT also have your thyroid checked I have to get mine checked too because it can have a lot to do with breakage, thinning, and dryness in hair.

As for genetics, I'm sure it plays a part but not the biggest.
For example my two older sisters can chop their hair off to almost bald and about 4 years later or less be back at shoulder length or longer, I think that's pretty fast. But their nails never grow too much.
On the other hand I get my nails from my mom it's totally genetic they just didn't get it meanwhile I didn't get the quick hair growth so it's one of two things either they got the fast growing hair from their dad or it's just something that happens cause it's not about how they care for it they put their hair through harsh situations and it still grows fast I baby mine and lol and it does what it wants. I digress lol

Last edited:

pringe

I'm a slow grower or maybe I should say slow grower and horrible retainer of length with my hair but my nails have ALWAYS been long and grow quickly. I remember being in HS and my friends were always jealous of how quickly my nails grow. i also remembr that i would usually have a couple of ridges in my nails (it's getting worse now). My index nails actually curve if I really let them grow out; I usually cut them before they get to this point.

Now I know I'm borderline anemic & like another poster said, when i take vitamins religiously my nails instantly harden and become so strong so I know the vitamins are working. WHY don't they work that way in my hair???

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm actually getting jealous over here. I don't know if my hair growth is average or above average but I know my body growth is well above average. I have to shave my legs twice a day and underarms every single day. So I'd say you ladies are lucky. I would probably trade but of course ppl always want what they can't have....my nails grow fast too I guess. I'm a nail biter and for some reason I'm always biting the same nails off because they keep growing and look like they've never been bitten a couple of days later. I'm anemic but it doesn't affect my hair. Just my body temp and my energy....I'd prob trade for that as well.

Last edited:

Bublin

My irons levels are always very low. But my body reacts badly to any kind of supplement.
My hair grows average/fast - in 11 months i have 6 inches of new growth.
But, front is very slow - only 3 inches.
I have to shave regularly - if you know what i mean!
My nails are strong and grow fast.
My issue is rentention as my hair is dry and has fine strands.