Why aren't the Nails growing as fast????

which one do you use?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes

• No

• Total voters

willowviolet

Why aren\'t the Nails growing as fast????

Hi Ladies, I thought that since I trust all of the excellent advise you all share regarding your hair growth - I wanted to plead for your advice.

I have been taking all of my supplements, minerals, vitamins and Biotin tablets, eating and juicing Fruits and vegatables and yet my NAILS are not growing.

Do any of you have stubborn, slow growing nails even though your hair is progressing. I have a job where I type on the computer alot, but I am seeking any advice from any of you who have strong, long nails for a cure.

Thanks as always, LHCF ladies have the answers, you just have to ask

Willow

Wolftrap

Re: Why aren\'t the Nails growing as fast????

I am the total opposite. My nails are growing like Freddy Kreuger claws so quickly but my hair is not and never has been growing quickly. What gave me the boost to the new claws that I have (as my husband calls them) was the b complex vitamins. I saw results in about a week or two and my nails are sooo long now. Wish my hair grew as quickly

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

<font color="purple">My nails are growing like crazy. I take in supplements(vitamins, MSM, Biotin), dairy, protein and fruits and veggies. My fastest are the pinkies. I sometimes wear color polish, but mostly I wear clear or no polish at all. Just wish the same applies to my hair, also. ITA.

</font>

EbonyEyes

My hair is growing at a decent pace but my nails are still moving at a snails pace. I even added calcium and protein (eggs and salmon) to my regimen and the nails still grow pretty slowly. And once they *finally* get to an okay length, they break off. Just scratching my head the wrong way and having a piece of hair get caught makes my nails break.

I cut my nails all the way down on Tuesday June 8th. My bf cut his nails all the way down 2 days later. Just last Saturday (June 19th), we compared our nail growth. His nails grew all the way back with a vengence and were extremely hard. My nails were the same length. Maybe I'm comparing my nail growth to the wrong person.

I'm going to give my supplements more time to work.

-Ebony

candibaby

i've noticed growth in my hair (moreso in my nails) since starting biotin.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

My nails have been growing faster and harder. My nails used to be thin and brittle and always broke off before I started taking any vitamins. Now most of my nails are about 3/8" inch passed the tip of my finger!
(I have a couple of nails that are shorter from carelessness
)

bellydancer

i paint my nails with sally hansen maximum growth everyday. and i also drink sooooooooooooooooo much milk. that made my nails stop peeling. the longest nail that i ever had was half an inch past my nail bed. My aunt also has extra long nails and she just paints hers with nail hardener daily. Vitamins never showed much of a difference in my body. The only thing that made a difference was the milk.

willowviolet

Hi Denali,

It's funny that you should say that becuase that is the program that I have been following for the last 38 days. I did it through the Dr. Culbertson Book called 'Toxic Relief'. I have been juicing and have not had any solids for the last 38 days, I have lost 21 pounds, my hair is still growing like crazy, but the nails are just not keeping up with the program?

Willow

willowviolet

Thanks Wolftrap,

I currently take B-5,6 &amp; 12 and Biotin Tabs, along with Zinc, Calcium, and daily Supplement. Maybe I need to up the b-group a little more. Which clear product do you apply to your nails?

Willow

Taliah

And I'm Dancing...

i have nice nails too. my thumb and middle finger grow the fastest. i believe my vitamin intake contributes to the overall strength of my nails.

willowviolet

Thanks Babycurls,

I am going to have to add the MSM to my daily's to see if that helps. WHich nail products to you apply? Do they help to make them stronger or thicker?

Willow

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

<font color="purple">I also like to add that my nails used to be dry, thin and brittle from using artificial nails and overlays. I've been using a product called Nail Life on my nails for 2 1/2 months. This stuff really works, and my nails aren't chipped or brittle. I think you should try detoxing as the other girl posted. But my recommendation is to try Nail Life nail revitalizer. </font>

Britt

I've been taking vitamins for the past year and my nails are still weak and brittle. My hair is healthy and thriving, but I can't say the same for my nails.

willowviolet

"Freddie Kruger", I only wish that I had that problem. Which topical treatments/nail polish do you use?

Willow

willowviolet

Ebony Eyes,

I am with you completely. It's like we share hands, everything you described is waht happens with my nails. I get a little growth which seems to take up to one month to partially see, and then one,by one the rips, tears and snags start.

Willow

willowviolet

Hi poohbear,

Do you have to wera poilsh everyday or are they strong enough for you to go without. I take the vitamins and Biotin,,, but from what I've read from the posts that have come in so far I might need to increase the amount.

Willow

willowviolet

Hi Taliah,

Your avatar photo is pretty. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to add some of the supplements that you have listed in your signature. I don't currently use the primrose or falx seed, so I am going to give them a try.

Willow

willowviolet

Hi Babycurls,

I am currently on a detoxification program. I have been doing the program for the last 38 days,my hair and weight are reaping major benefits. The nails are another story. Where do you purchase the Nail Life? I hadn't heard ofthat product before. Is it a polish or cream?

Willow

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
willowviolet said:
Thanks Wolftrap,

I currently take B-5,6 &amp; 12 and Biotin Tabs, along with Zinc, Calcium, and daily Supplement. Maybe I need to up the b-group a little more. Which clear product do you apply to your nails?

Willow

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't apply any clear products to my nails. I don't apply anything to my nails. I don't even paint them. I get pedicures but not manicures cause no matter what I do like a day later one or more of the nails is chipped and then I end up looking like trailer park trash.
. I guess I'm just rough or something. I wish so much I could get my nails done and the paint stay on for more than a day but I'm a clutz. But I'm lovin my freddy krueger nails just the same

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
willowviolet said:
Hi Denali,

It's funny that you should say that becuase that is the program that I have been following for the last 38 days. I did it through the Dr. Culbertson Book called 'Toxic Relief'. I have been juicing and have not had any solids for the last 38 days, I have lost 21 pounds, my hair is still growing like crazy, but the nails are just not keeping up with the program?

Willow

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW!!! Congrats!!

Actually I was talking about laying off the supplements for a week or two because some say your body can get use to them and the benefits wear off
I tried it and got a little growth spirt
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=Women&amp;Number=481711&amp;Forum=f2&amp;Words=%2Bvitamins&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=481624&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=3062&amp;daterange=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodyprev=#Post481711

ChasingBliss

My nails grow extremely fast and they're very strong too. When I first started taking msm, my nails brightened up a lot, and I got compliments on how healthy and white the tips looked. They used to be so dull looking. Then when I started taking the biotin 10mgs, my nails just took off. I think they are growing at a faster rate than my hair.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

[ QUOTE ]
willowviolet said:
Hi Babycurls,

I am currently on a detoxification program. I have been doing the program for the last 38 days,my hair and weight are reaping major benefits. The nails are another story. Where do you purchase the Nail Life? I hadn't heard ofthat product before. Is it a polish or cream?

Willow

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Hey, Willow. Nail Life is a nail revitalizing treatment that you polish on your nails. You can wear it alone or under your nail polish. And if you do the 7 day program, that is reapplying every day for 7 days, you'll see improvement in your nails and they'll grow fast too.

Sally Beauty sells this product along with Speed Demon top coat/dryer and The Gripper base coat. Here are the links for info on Nail Life.

www.naillife.com
www.sallybeauty.com </font>

LEOLADYSW

I don't know what to say. My nails always have been strong and grow fast. Unlike most people, I keep them cut to the quick since a little incident a few years ago when in a fever, I scratched my cornea with my long nails. Getting them to grow super long, super fast is easier than getting my hair the length I want it.
nails.

willowviolet

Thanks again for the response. I am going to purchase some this evening and see how I make out. Thanks for all of the good tips you shared.

Willow