I want to go to an Aveda Salon, but I'm SCARED!!!!!!

MissMusic

My hair is in great condition, but I need my ends trimmed and I do not think I can do it myself. Plus, I want to get an Aveda Damage Ready Treatment (they massage the neck and scalp, and all kinds of great things). However, I am scared to death. They have black stylists at the salon I'm going to, but I don't really care whether they are black or white because they've all studied at an Aveda salon. Also, I don't know what to tell them to do with my hair style wise, I do not want them to apply heat. I could get a roller set, but then what? I'm looking for encouragement and style suggestions. Have any other naturals been to an Aveda salon? I'm just scared. :perplexed

My hair is in great condition, but I need my ends trimmed and I do not think I can do it myself. Plus, I want to get an Aveda Damage Ready Treatment (they massage the neck and scalp, and all kinds of great things). However, I am scared to death. They have black stylists at the salon I'm going to, but I don't really care whether they are black or white because they've all studied at an Aveda salon. Also, I don't know what to tell them to do with my hair style wise, I do not want them to apply heat. I could get a roller set, but then what? I'm looking for encouragement and style suggestions. Have any other naturals been to an Aveda salon? I'm just scared. :perplexed

Do you have an Aveda Institute in your area? I went to one a couple of weeks ago and my hair turned out fabulous. The cosmetology student did not trim my ends though. They seemed very receptive to my questions and what I wanted them to do to my hair. Plus they are much less expensive than the salon. I think a shampoo and rollerset is $20.00 or in that ball park ( I didn't get a rollerset, I will the next time). The DR treatment is about $19.00 extra though. But, I loved it and the massaging of the neck and scalp was great!

You could possibly get a rollerset and style but the style is going to be extra.

Yea, I know the DR is gonna be more, but I really think it will be worth it. Plus, the price doesn't matter cause its a gift form my SO. We have a huge Aveda Institue in the city and several Aveda concept salons. I was going to either go to the institue or a local reputable salon called Chelsea. Hmm, a style..... after the rollerset I'm not sure what they could do, I usually just do a bun after rollerset.

This is toooo funny, I was all set to come in here and tell you to contact divine cause her experience was great and her "after" pics were awesome, her hair really looked good! And low and behold divine already got to ya!!!!:)

Back